Pitcooker T - The Truth about Hanging Briskets in the PBC

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well, I indulged myself again. Brisket HUNG in the PBC. I woke up late and had to rush it. Now one thing about this video is it kind of is good to help us folk who come in here, time after time, that bitch about:

"it was 6, my guests were starving but my brisket wasn't ready... what should I do?"

Tons of brethren are advised to start earlier. But can the PBC save ur ass when you wake up late? Indeed, in my case it did. My brisket ended up extremely juicy and tender (over tender by many standards) but all in the timeline for a late start. It would not have been done to this degree of tenderness (however it does not offend me) if I had let it rest on the counter instead of the pit at 5:15 or so.

But as we all know... most have trouble getting it to "tender" so overtender is no big deal... just dial it back.

[ame]http://youtu.be/rczuSyIRmK4[/ame]

This one is somewhat humorous.... I address foil and I have a little troll that makes sure I am fat side up too.

One error... when I say I am at 4:30, regardless of what I typed on the screen... I really mean it IS 4:30 or 7 hours into the cook.

Great video! Thanks! I'm sure this will come in handy, since we've all overslept once or twice and had to start a cook late.

Thanks.
That brisket looks better than any i have ever cooked.:-D:sad:
I am going to try the paper and foil technique.
Its almost 830. I wish i had a brisket laying around.
jon

Nice video, awesome lookin brisket!
I know you said that you covered it in another video but I haven't seen it. What was in the glue? Portions?

That is some great looking . . . . . umm what was i sa:?:ay:noidea:ing...:confused:

oh yeah Brisket

Last edited:
Cool video but the music is about 4x louder than the narrator :). Good illustration of how much the meat will change as to "probes like buttah" when you rest it.

Bill

I for got what I was going to say here.... oh yeah .... nice chicken cook... what's your name...

Who woulda thought........prolonged contact with butcher paper causes alzheimers, Who knew?

Great, Great video, loved the music too.

A couple questions tho, did you fire up all your charcoal at the start, or use the minion method. And it looked like you were using lump, kinda hard to tell from the brief shots I saw, is that correct?

Thanks,

KC

I had a lump of stuff in there but used KBB and the lighting technique suggested by the manufacturer.

The ONLY reason I use foil in this is to prevent a fire. Oily paper over a direct fire I can imagine would cause a problem.

Who woulda thought........prolonged contact with butcher paper causes alzheimers, Who knew?

Great, Great video, loved the music too.

A couple questions tho, did you fire up all your charcoal at the start, or use the minion method. And it looked like you were using lump, kinda hard to tell from the brief shots I saw, is that correct?

Thanks,

KC

Jesus 203 views already? WTF???????????????????????????????????

Worcestershire sauce is black too. I never notice this til I watched the film as well. Although I could have dialed back the cooking time a bit, did you notice how the bark snapped back? It sort of dries and reestablished itself. I talk about all the time and why my system does that but never had an example on film before. I also suspect the Grace Jones crap helps as I do not get that on my mass smokes (50 briskets or more) as I do not put it on.

Back