Brisket Stew.....pR0n

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I had a small chunk of brisket leftover from the family dinner Sunday and I decided to turn it into stew. THIS was some good stuff.....A bit of buttered french bread on the side, delicious!
BrisketStew002_zpsf15043ac.jpg

BrisketStew008_zps012c9b44.jpg

BrisketStew004_zpsa7a4755b.jpg

BrisketStew003_zps09eb8cda.jpg

Thanks for taking a look.

KC

I've been jonesing for brisket for a while now and things like this don't help! :mad:

looks great

care to share the recipe?

I don't really have a recipe, but this is what I did for this cook;

I had about a 1.5-2 pound piece of brisket leftover. I put that in a kettle with some water to cover and simmered that for awhile to make a nice broth. I didn't have to simmer to long as the brisket is already pretty tender. I removed the brisket to cool in the refer.
To my broth I added coarsely chopped celery(a couple stalks) and a med sized onion coarsely chopped also. Washed and chopped up 5-6 carrots and tossed those in the mix. The broth was a little weak, so I added some beef bouillon, a little granulated garlic and ground black pepper and let this all simmer for about 1.5 hours. Peeled and cut 6-7 potatoes into chunks and tossed those in. And then I took my brisket and trimmed off any fat that remained, cut that into bite sized pieces and into the kettle. I let that cook till the taters were tender, tasted to make sure the seasoning was right, added a little kitchen bouquet for color. Then I just mixed in a little corn starch slurry just to slightly thicken and that's it I think.......oh yeah, warmed up some green peas to throw on top as served.

Served that with the french bread.....easy peasy!:-D

KC

I cooked a brisket on Sunday... so far, I've had:

brisket
brisket sandwich
brisket/peppers/onions w/cheese on a sandwich
caesar salad with sliced brisket on top

I just might have enough left to whip up a little batch of stew. Thanks for the idea! :thumb:

That is beautiful. I bet it was great. And with nice fresh bread? Heck , you could dip stale bread in that and be happy!

Back