MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
rikun
Full Fledged Farker

Default Sorry ass Finnish spare ribs, how long to cook?

Hello fellow Brethren,

I got these sorry ass spare ribs, and they truly are horrible. There is literally no meat on bones. These are all we got in the whole country, unless we buy bone-in pork belly and cut spares ourselves.
That what I've done in the past, but wanted to try these for the first, and probably for the last time as well :-)

How long would you approximately cook these @ 275 ?

I think 1 hours unwrapped, 30 min wrapped? Or if going nekkid, about 1.5 hours total?

Old 05-02-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'd cook them for an hour naked, then start sticking a toothpick, or something similar, into the meat until it slides in and out easily. Sorry that I can't state a time, but once you learn it, it gets easier the next time, allowing 15-20 minutes for heat lost while opening the lid to check. It's better to check early and have to wait, than to overcook. This is when alcohol and sides are really important to a cook.
My wife's family comes from your area. She lived there for a short time and says it was lovely. Sisu.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:53 PM   #3
BillN

Name/Nickname : Bill

I've was given some racks like these, so I tied them together so they would not dry out, came out pretty good. The side of the ribs that I removed the membrane from faced the outside, the "meaty side" is what I put together. I put a dry rub on before I tied them. Sorry no pictures.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2017, 07:07 PM   #4
KevinJ

I'd be buying the bone in bellies, I like smoking pork belly.
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cook time, shiners, spare ribs