Newbie here, some injection syringe questions

?!?!?! Some days I wake up feeling like part of my brain was surgically removed without me knowing it...today is one of those days.

Im sorry you feel that way. The 40-140 in 4 hour rule especially when piercing the meat is something myself and many other people learned early on. It may not be popular belief or even known on this forum but that doesn't mean it should be discredited. I couldn't care less if people follow the rule or not, but why even take the chance?

Soap and water solution. I own a Spitjack and it is easy is disassemble and clean. I have never heard of the 140 degrees with 4 hours business. Frankly, it has never been an issue.

Sounds good everyone. Thanks for the advice. I did clean it well this time (for sure, after reading this thread lol) and everything went off without a hitch today at work. I hit the 135-140 pretty easily as I was around 240-250 in the beginning just so I could finish the cook before work. I guess I never noticed how easy that temp is to achieve in the time frame, since I used to not monitor the IT temps until the 2nd leg of the cook.

Turned out well, covered my costs and a tank of gas from donations so I'm set!

Thanks for bringing the 40-140 rule to my attention though- it's odd I haven't seen it yet, but doing a quick search just reminds me of all I still have to learn...

Thanks again! :biggrin1:

Im sorry you feel that way. The 40-140 in 4 hour rule especially when piercing the meat is something myself and many other people learned early on. It may not be popular belief or even known on this forum but that doesn't mean it should be discredited. I couldn't care less if people follow the rule or not, but why even take the chance?

I'm not buying it. I believe you have a misunderstanding of what you have quoted and it does not apply to how quickly a piece of meat must be cooked once it has been injected. If that is what you want to do, more power to you.

I'm not buying it. I believe you have a misunderstanding of what you have quoted and it does not apply to how quickly a piece of meat must be cooked once it has been injected. If that is what you want to do, more power to you.

It's not a misunderstanding but we will just agree to disagree and move on.

Back