• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hello from the operating room

Bettermj

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post. I am a CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist). I am the admin of a private CRNA BBQ group on Facebook. One of our members posted a picture of his Ugly Drum Smoker and I fell in love with the whole concept of making my own.

i came across THIS website after researching how to build my own UDS. I am thankful to be here and hope to be able to contribute to the topics.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Cool. Welcome

Curious. Does a gas giver cook with gas, sticks or coals??

Welcome! Never would have guessed there was such a group. Guess the innerwebs reach everywhere.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Hey thanks everyone!

No I don't spend much time on my phone while I'm in the OR. No patients were at risk. Lol

My very first job was at a local BBQ place in Bossier City, LA called Podnuh's. I've loved BBQ all my life. I was the first delivery driver for the company when I was in high school and eventually became the meat cutter. Many of the skills I learned there translationed to my anesthesia practice. Learning to multitask and handle knives and cleavers during lunch hour teach you how to handle yourself in the OR when there is a crisis. Lol

I enjoy grilling and learning how to cook all kinds of things. I am building a UDS and I just got it sand blasted today. I found some purple and gold high temp spraycan paint online and am going to try to make a flame pattern like one of the ones I saw on here. The lid I have has 3 bung holes across the center so I'm trying to think of some ideas for that.

Welcome Jeff and good luck with the drum build!

Welcome aboard Jeff, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back