• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

UDS pork butt @300 (video)

J

jmoney7269

Had to throw a pork butt on today, my mom and wife's mom and even my wife were bothering me for some pork butt. They say its the best thing I cook so what the heck, can't make em beg, or can I? Maybe I should learn how to play my cards. Anyways cooked it Hott and fast J$ style and made some damn good tacos, but I was super mad, didn't have any queso fresco or cotija cheese!
Still had some left over pico and my favorite hot sauce that big poppa smoker endorsed pepper plant garlic. Really excellent on eggs, tacos or soups.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbgJCuFtqQ4&feature=share&list=UUWotF1v0J7YvypjL4YUKaYQ"]J$ UDS pork butt @300 - YouTube[/ame]

Looks great! Is that DigiQ just a digital meat thermometer??

It's a digital meat thermometer and an adaptive algorithm pit controller. As you can see from the video it does a superb job. Not that it's needed on a well built UDS, but I like to drink beer or sleep when my meat is Cookin. Not a big fan of playin with vents, checking coals or worrying about meat internals. I go to sleep and it's close to done the next morning, sits In the Cambro till turn in time. Hell most of the time I don't even start up my brisket till 6 am with a 2 pm turn in I know and love my pits so much!

:confused:
That looks positively PORK-A-LICIOS
300 is the epitome of universal cook temps. It does everything well. I still prefer my yardbirds @350-375. Isn't that your favorite cook temp also? It just works so well. My buddy cooks everything @285. His reasoning is its above 275 a d below 300. He got a 25 Cfm fan on his and has some pretty wild swings. We had to choke his intake way down to make it work. He's one of those "mo hosepowa is mo betta" kinda guys. Until he sees how easily mine cooks every time we fire it up.

mexican-restaurant-smiley-emoticon.gif
Pork Tacos yummy.

Back