MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #16
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

Jorts!
A bunch of Webers
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #17
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyleach View Post
Sorry, but why is this in Q talk. It is just an ad for PBC's! Mods ?
I don't know... why are you here? See this is what I am talking about. We have been through this before with others. Its very simple. We are brethren. People come here, Marty, to see what we think. In fact, some actually PAY to read and see what we think. It's just I make elaborate videos about BBQ stuff. And the PBC is BBQ stuff. Would you like me to categorize and list all the video's (with links) in here I have made about BBQ stuff? Come on... cheer up, friend.

Look... Alton Brown's show is honestly 20 minutes of fluff and 5 minutes of substance.... but its still about cooking. I do silly BBQ videos. And no, I a'int getting paid if that is your point. And I think I was suspicious for a while too. I know exactly how you may feel cuz there are so many PBC comments on here.... BUT

The PBC has carved a niche. No one gets pissy about weber posts. And please... how many "craigslist finds are listed in q talk. There is nothing malicious going on... just some fun and my making an elaborate video about the PBC. Now if your point is I used the PBC to have an excuse to make a video segment where I act out all the parts and have some fun.... then guilty. Vinny (Militant squatter) knows I have been itching to make a video of Raging Bull or Goodfellas that was BBQ related ever since I cut the hot girls from my videos.

WE are the MOST successful here at BBQ Brethren BECAUSE of our lack of rigidity. We have boundaries more than borders and we are "integriless." LOL So along our journey, we bump in to things that are amusing and informative (present video excluded, LOL) but nevertheless punch it up a bit.

What this means is.... for some of us... we have to turn the other cheek and leave a post that some others may like.... directly because, we are so cosmopolitan.

If your charge is that I should not post this here because it is an advertisement because you said:

"It is just an ad for PBC's!"

I have not received a dime from Noah and even if I did, or for those that got a free PBC... well so what. Go back to the golden rule... people pay to enter the forum or come in here to see what we (all of us) think. Some use a simple post.... I use elaborate videos with a cast and crew of thousands (in my mind). And don't back pedal and say you were not saying that. You called my video an ad, and yes it is designed to look like one I guess, but really, LOL it promotes me more than the PBC... all my videos do. So I think I will link some other videos you NEVER had a problem with.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #18
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Popdaddy and I made a video about The Stoker.... really it is part of a Product review series about the Stoker air management system I did back in 2007. Almost 70,000 views which is not bad considering the damn site it was one was shut down for two years.

It also appears to be an ad for Kingsford. Now you might have a point it is an add for KBB because I had more hits at one point than KBB did so they sent me a PALLET of KBB as a thank you.

http://youtu.be/SotI-UzYGn4?t=1m36s

Sold a lot of Stokers too. But an ad? Why didn't anyone complain it was an ad the last 6 years it has been on the BBQ BRETHREN?

Edict.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #19
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Ad about my Meat Mama? Back when people used custom made pits and built them instead of bought them.

Edict.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #20
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

I could go on.... I think what may cause confusion with you Marty is that EVERY video I make has some promotional nature. I mean think back to

http://youtu.be/dOMCyXZ-49Q
The Shake

"The Weep"

every sauce or glaze I ever made,

Hit me Fred

Red and Wett

Purgatory Stout

Big Maybelle's Candy Glaze

Spanish Castle Magic

Even the
the Kettle Fried Chicken...

they all have a "advertisement like flair" that either promotes the process, recipe or myself. And you know what... I did it FOR the forum... and I have to be quite honest... nearly every one of my Video Ads (as you call them) actually ARE an ad for one thing......................nearly every one of my video PROMOTE THIS forum somewhere.... all 82 on the

http://www.youtube.com/user/PitmasterT?feature=watch

all 112 on the http://www.youtube.com/user/PopdaddysBBQ

each one promotes THIS forum and drives traffic here. And the ONLY payment I have ever gotten from this forum is friendship, support and camaraderie from some of the greatest folk of any forum in the ether....

So..... your point is what?

So really.... its just another ad for us I guess.

Edict.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #21
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Now, Noah, if you're listening... I sure could use a 5 pound bag of your rub.

Edict.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #22
charlie d
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
R U Ready for an exiting announcement?
Not right now. Any way you can wait until Tuesday afternoon?
charlie d is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #23
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Anxiously awaiting the next vid Donnie! I'm personally hoping to see you cook a 25 lb shoulder clod on those hooks!

Last edited by Q-Dat; 07-07-2013 at 10:01 AM..
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #24
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

exiting announcement... LOL No jokes about that?

Edict.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

Lipstick? You wore LIPSTICK?! And then you mentioned your lack of rigidity...

Time to pull out your big unit and show off that Brazos again

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #26
Smokeass
Knows what a fatty is.

Keep em coming PitT!! I've been laughing my a$$ off all afternoon!
16' Homemade comp trailer, [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]Pitmaker BBQ Safe[/COLOR][/FONT], Homemade offset patio smoker, 22" Weber Kettle, [COLOR=magenta]Proud owner of the ugliest UDS Ever aka. Frank.[/COLOR]
Smokeass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #27
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

Pitmaster T... you seem a bit defensive...

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #28
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZiLLa View Post

Actually... I might clean out my garage, pull the hulk of the Meat Mama 3000 in... redo the rotisserie and get that working... and paint it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg on trailer 3.jpg (75.4 KB, 369 views)

Edict.

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #29
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Remember those "load limit" signs you see on old bridges and Farm to Market Roads??? My goal is to exceed the load limit on my PBC.

Last edited by 16Adams; 07-08-2013 at 01:57 AM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #30
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZiLLa View Post

The Brazos has a hole in it and I think Dave Klose has retired or something. He informed me it was one of his earliest pits (or rather I suspected it was and was told it was by the original purchaser who has passed now, then Klose confirmed it) then said he could restore it and I sent him pics then nuthin.... I think he is still in England.

I think Klose should design some cabinets. Meanwhile the Brazos is a handful with a rust hole as big as a dog in it. Makes good Stromboli.

Edict.

Tags
pbc pit barrel cooker