What's the most unusual thing you've ever stuck in the smoker?

GVDub

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
George
Just curious. Once was at a friend's place, and he had picked up some crocodile (or, more likely caiman) legs from a local Asian Market and grilled them up for a party. Half the kids were freaked out, but the other half loved them, and they were pretty tasty. Got plenty of friends from South Louisiana and East Texas who've done the gator thing in many varieties, too, though usuually that's fried or stewed.

Stuck a tongue in. :becky:

Hey, beef tongue that is.:mrgreen:

I've got tongue plans for the PBC, beef, pork and lamb (although lamb tongues can be a bit disturbing, and they were a favorite prop of "Godfather of Gore," Herschel Gordon Lewis). Did you parboil to make skinning it easier before smoking?

I took one for the team a few years ago and tried the Swineapple. Won't be doing that again, I found a new way to ruin perfectly good bacon.

Not necessarily unusual, but you don’t see it often here. Hearts.
One of my favorite is smoked chicken hearts, mashed with roasted garlic cheddar/cream and breakfast sausage ABT’s. They have a nice less than liver -clean mineral taste. At times you’ll buy a chicken and it’ll have 3-5 hearts in the cavity- sometimes zero. But when you get those extra hearts it’s time to smoke em, roast some garlic and make ABTS.

My wet cross trainers, because the kettle gets quite warm in direct sunlight, even when it sprinkles, and there is no danger of starting it with the lid on.

Small kids who were miss behaving. We used to have a cement block smoke house with a black iron door. Told them if they didn’t start behaving they were going in the prison cell, but they didn’t believe me and called my bluff. They are adults now, but probably still in therapy.

This one might be considered unusual due to the number........:mrgreen:

9gQza5z.jpg

My wet cross trainers, because the kettle gets quite warm in direct sunlight, even when it sprinkles, and there is no danger of starting it with the lid on.

Plus, you get the natural antibacterial effects of smoke!

Back