Recommendations on generator

I've heard several comments about spitting a load between (2) 20 amp and 30 amp outlets. Just keep in mind if you total all of that up it exceeds the rating of the generator.

The screen shot is from the 7000 owners manual on page 77.

Attachments

• ea7000 specs..jpg
    ea7000 specs..jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 85
What do you guys feel about a Generac generator ran by propane?? quality loudness ect..

I'm running a champion 3400 on propane noting that at peak on LP gas you will only develop 3100 watts and about 24 Amps as opposed to 3400 w and 26 amps.

I'm running a portable A/C, one led overhead light and one florescent along with the gurus. It does real well its quite but will get annoying to folks around especially if they are camping in a tent. I didn't really answer your question........ but I hope it helps some.

D

I've heard several comments about spitting a load between (2) 20 amp and 30 amp outlets. Just keep in mind if you total all of that up it exceeds the rating of the generator.

The screen shot is from the 7000 owners manual on page 77.

You are correct sir, I thought I mentioned this but it must have been in another thread. 45 amps is the max sustained load for a 7000.

I'm running a champion 3400 on propane noting that at peak on LP gas you will only develop 3100 watts and about 24 Amps as opposed to 3400 w and 26 amps.

I'm running a portable A/C, one led overhead light and one florescent along with the gurus. It does real well its quite but will get annoying to folks around especially if they are camping in a tent. I didn't really answer your question........ but I hope it helps some.

D

Are you saying all LP ran Generators can only put out 3100 watts or about 24 amps??

I'm trying to figure how to split the load among my pieces of equipment. Maybe I'll figure out which breakers power the big stuff I want, like the AC or 2nd AC or CVAP, and configure a 2nd electrical plugin near the electric panel, and maybe a cutoff switch in case I want it to go back to original setting?

I wish I'd have known about this "split the load" issue when I was designing my trailer. But this is a workable workaround, in any event.

I love my Honda 7000.

And, as one of our friends said earlier, it is super annoying to be parked next to other food trucks with those loud generators!

Back