Monster A B T an' some other stuff

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This was done over two nights. After picking out the poblamos for the Xl ABTs I was going to do Friday, The wife wanted me to smoke the smaller ones with the 20 or so jalapenos I was smoking for the cook too. So, she made some stuffed smoked poblanos in a casserole dish - poblano, smoked japs, a can of diced tomatos with onion and garlic, black beans, shredded chedder/jack cheeses and assorted spices she chose. It was on the fly but good. First two pics are that. Friday, I fired up the webber with Stubbs off to one sideand three good size chunks of hickory and put on the beef ribs (already sliced when I bought them) indirectly. Then I opened the uncooked poblamos and scooped them out, to use as a "vehicle" for the stuffed japs. The smoked jalapenos were placed inside, layered with JD maple, then sauteed mushrooms/onion/spinach and garlic with some Todd's Dirt (GREAT STUFF) ricotta cheese, more sausage and jalapenos and then topped with the poblano. Each ABT needed about 5 slices of Wright's bacon and also smoked indiredtly. Michele thought the leftover sausage and veggies would make a decent sized stuffed meatball so...she did the sliced jalapeno accents too and on it went with the abts.
There was one poblamo left so she used the leftover beans from Thursday with salsa, fajita spices, and one with mozerella and the other with the leftover chedder/jack. Michele arranged the plate for the money shot, and since my own efforts are usually, shall we say, a bit messy, I'll let her do the plating from now on!:becky:
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 462
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 457
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 511
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 509
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 512
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 509
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 509
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 604
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 453
  • p.jpg
    p.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 1,753
  • p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,579
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 578
  • p7.jpg
    p7.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 1,065
  • p11.jpg
    p11.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 452
Forgot to add, the green sauce is my variation of AJP's recipe he posted March 29 - I used about 20 smoked serano and 6 smoked jalapenos to make it. It's goooooood. And, I used Steph's Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy as the rub for the beef ribs. Farkin' outstanding.

Last edited:
What a spread, looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!

This was done over two nights. After picking out the poblamos for the Xl ABTs I was going to do Friday, The wife wanted me to smoke the smaller ones with the 20 or so jalapenos I was smoking for the cook too. So, she made some stuffed smoked poblanos in a casserole dish - poblano, smoked japs, a can of diced tomatos with onion and garlic, black beans, shredded chedder/jack cheeses and assorted spices she chose. It was on the fly but good. First two pics are that. Friday, I fired up the webber with Stubbs off to one sideand three good size chunks of hickory and put on the beef ribs (already sliced when I bought them) indirectly. Then I opened the uncooked poblamos and scooped them out, to use as a "vehicle" for the stuffed japs. The smoked jalapenos were placed inside, layered with JD maple, then sauteed mushrooms/onion/spinach and garlic with some Todd's Dirt (GREAT STUFF) ricotta cheese, more sausage and jalapenos and then topped with the poblano. Each ABT needed about 5 slices of Wright's bacon and also smoked indiredtly. Michele thought the leftover sausage and veggies would make a decent sized stuffed meatball so...she did the sliced jalapeno accents too and on it went with the abts.
There was one poblamo left so she used the leftover beans from Thursday with salsa, fajita spices, and one with mozerella and the other with the leftover chedder/jack. Michele arranged the plate for the money shot, and since my own efforts are usually, shall we say, a bit messy, I'll let her do the plating from now on!:becky:
Thanks for looking!

Awesome job Michele, and you too Brother LOL

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome, pure awesome.

I agree, let her plate from now one. :becky:

Thanks guys! He is a bit sloppy when plating but he's a wonderful cook! When we started dating I had no idea, but came over one night and he cooked the best steak I'd ever had in my life. All I could say was...DAMN, and you cook too?! Michele

Nice work Guerry, I assume the general lift in quality is due to wife's involvement.

Way to turn an App. into a meal. I have a coupla dozen on right now. Damn, I have pepper envy.

I think Michelle needs to open up her own account here on the Brethren.......Just saying!!:becky:

Looking good! I'm likin all dem peppers!!! WhooWeee!
Yes, I'd hit dat!

Back