MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-29-2003, 08:07 AM   #1
bamasmoker
Knows what a fatty is.

Default What did you name your Bandera?

I saw someone named theirs Hoss. I named mine Tony, after Antonio Bandera(s). Not very original, I know, and I hate saying it's time to put the meat in Tony :? , but it does get a laugh now and then.

Butt...It's not just for breakfast anymore!
bamasmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2003, 08:17 AM   #2
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

I call mine Mistress. She gets lots of my time. My wife used to get pissed off the more time I would spend with her. She really knows how to finish off my meat. She sits out on the deck waiting for me all night, while I am inside. No matter where I go, I come home and she is still there, lurking right outside the dining room door. etc. etc.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2003, 09:07 AM   #3
tommykendall
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I never named mine. :(

Old 10-29-2003, 11:18 AM   #4
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Tk, since your the Pit Bitch.. I thought your Bandera was named "Bitch".

My Bandera is Beast. The Backyard Chef is Hugh. The Hondo is Hondo, and been callin the WSM Ole Smokey and the kettle my wife called a caldrun.(sp).

Then dont forget, we got Pugh on the side of the house, the 20 inch sewer pipe(water main) who hasnt become a smoker yet.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2003, 11:52 AM   #5
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

My WSM is Pudge. I was calling the Bandera a beast for a while, but I started referring to it as the Bandit (fuel hog)

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2003, 01:38 PM   #6
tommykendall
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
I thought your Bandera was named "Bitch".
Nah - that name is already taken in my household.

Old 10-29-2003, 02:17 PM   #7
Oldtimer
is one Smokin' Farker

That's strange it's taken at my place as well. Could it be a trend
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2003, 05:37 PM   #8
BBQchef33

You mean all those times you said you were puttin your meat in "the Bitch" you weren't talking about the Bandera????? tsk tsk tsk...

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 10-30-2003, 09:04 PM   #9
Mike(Mi)
On the road to being a farker

Black Bart is the Bandera. The kettle is Homer, the electric bullet is Old Smokey, and the Kenmore Elite is that $%&*#$%, gas burning #$%&$#. I do use it, but I feel like such a whore when I do.

Old 10-30-2003, 09:18 PM   #10
Bill-Chicago

Nothing wrong with saying you grill Mike. I love grilling, its just not BBQ :)

And hell, now I'm hooked on these grilled pineaples

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle

Old 10-30-2003, 09:43 PM   #11
BBQchef33

A little bit of a hijack here.. sorry.... but Hey.. grillings a necessity. Ya cant start BBQ'in at 5 to have dinner for the family at 6. Tonight, I fired up the kettle, threw some red oak(thanks richie) on top of the hot coals(lump) and made some grilled chicken boobs and wings that were great, and done in 45 minutes.

Oh.. sorry.. didnt use any propane though.. thats ok when its rainy amd I'm lazy. I got 2 gas grills, both hgh end, but one is used to store my BBQ tools, hasnt been fired up all summer, and we busted the regulator at Bash II.... thats still broke. The other(the DCS) is a a great grill, but to me its $4000 rotiserre. I believe that since I can fire up a chimney of lump or charcoal with some chunks of wood in it, in the same anmount of time it takes to prehreat the gas grills, Why not just use the kettle for grilling??? Like I said, propanes is convienent, great when its raining.. but i still like the charcoal and wood better. But In the house of Brethren.. if it gets some smoke on the meat.. It counts!!

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 10-31-2003, 07:53 AM   #12
Bill-Chicago

Thats Richie, Richie. Your typo is giving props to the wrong person.

And I thought that stuff was wet? I was going to hold mine in the garage until the spring. Maybe I should crack out a few chunks at T Day.

The death of "willkat98"

Old 10-31-2003, 08:06 AM   #13
BBQchef33

Richie said he cut it in the spring. I plan on using it in the next cook, probably this weekend. Its dry enough that it'll finish whatever dryin it needs on top of the firebox. For last night, he had some smaller sticks in there that i put in the chimney with the charcoal and let them cook over the turkey burner. By the time they went in the kettle they were redhot coals. Was going for that grillin effect, not lookin for smoke so they worked well.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM