High Temp Silicone

smokinvic

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
:confused:In a thread regarding a UDS, I saw a mention to using high temp silicone on a weber kettle lid being used on a UDS. Does using the silicone cause any health situations for cooking? Does anyone know if that high temp silicone will release any toxins when heated into food?:icon_sick I am considering using some of that silicone on my smoker lid/door. :confused:

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Page 3330, 3331

736 Heat Resistant— Excellent for sealing and encasing heating elements in adhesive (potting), aerospace gasketing, insulation, and as a protective coating. Begins to harden in 17 minutes. Temp. range is -85° to +500° F. Complies with USDA and FDA Regulation 21 CFR 177.2600 covering indirect food contact. NSF-51 certified for use with food equipment materials. UL listed. Meets MIL-A-46016, Group I, Type I.

(106 & 116) High Temperature— For sealing and encasing heating elements in adhesive (potting), aerospace gasketing, insulation, and protective coating. Can also be used for oven conveyor belts, industrial ovens, and bag filters on smoke stacks. Temp. range is -75° to +500° F. FDA compliant and USDA approved. NSF-51 certified for use with food equipment materials. UL recognized. 106 begins to harden in 20 min. Also meets MIL-A-46106B, Group III, Type I. 116 is the flowable version of 106. Begins to harden in 30 min. Also meets MIL-A-46106B, Group III, Type II.

McMaster Carr is in Santa Fe Springs/Norwalk. You can order and will call if needed quickly. At the price of gas shipping is not as bad as it used to look.

Back