It's Here! It's Here!

Congrats.

Maybe it will distract you into a couple of slip ups in the fantasy league. :rolleyes:

As Mista said...

Ooooo... Shiny!

:biggrin:

Bought two butts over lunch. I'm going to run my anticipated competition timing, pretending that dinner tomorrow is turn in time.

Congrats Ron :cool: but since Wilkat hasn't been around for a couple of weeks someone has to say it.........................CHEATER!!!!!:biggrin:

OOOOh isn't she purty. Now its time for her to get dirty with ya:eek: Way to go Ron L:icon_bigsmil

Where do the coffee beans go? ? ? ? :rolleyes:

Is it dirty yet???? I will also chime in.... cheater.....

(I almost go a pellet pooper the other day... CL had one listed for $199, I waited too long.... :evil: )

Congrats Ron! I'm holding out for an FEC100 - keep dropping hints around the house :biggrin: <pellet envy mod>

Well... I got it dirty (a little). I fired her up yesterday evening just to make sure that everything worked. I let her burn at 224 for about 90 minutes when my wife suggested that we reheat our BGE Pizza leftovers in the FEC :rolleyes:, so we did. I kicked the temp up to 350 and put the pizza in for 20 minutes. So, the first food in my new pit was leftover pizza :-D

To make up for that, I picked up two butts yesterday afternoon and cooked them overnight. I put them in the FEC at midnight at 224. Since it was the first cook I woke up at 3am to check things out. I also checked things out at 6am when I woke up and everything was running smoothly. I checked the butts earlier and they looked great so I foiled them and they will be going into a cooler shortly. They smelled fantastic, too.

The pic makes the bark look darker than it really was, but here ya go...

IMG_4163.jpg

Ron_L,

Was there an up charge for the 7 shelf racks? You only got 4 shelves, right?

so I foiled them and they will be going into a cooler shortly.

FEC...FOIL..I guess if you're going to cheat you might as well go all the way! :wink:

You know if this hobby / addiction has become too much for you RonL there's always:

tub_shreddedpork_bbq_sm.jpg

BTW congrats on the new oven..er smoker.

Ron_L,

Was there an up charge for the 7 shelf racks? You only got 4 shelves, right?

Nope. I only got 4 shelves, but I wanted the rails for seven to have more shelf placement.

FEC...FOIL..I guess if you're going to cheat you might as well go all the way! :wink:

You know if this hobby / addiction has become too much for you RonL there's always:

tub_shreddedpork_bbq_sm.jpg

BTW congrats on the new oven..er smoker.

[fingers_in_ears]LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA [/fingers_in_ears]

Congrats on the cooker and some nice looking butt pron now fill that sucker up and lets see what it can realy do

The butts came out great. Nice and juicy with wonderful bark. Here's a picture of some.

IMG_4165.jpg

Ronelle, that is some sweet looking cooker and sweet looking Que you made with it. Best of luck with it.

Is there any truth in the rumor that Ron_L is changing his avatar to Chi_town_Pellethead? or was the that Chi_Town_Egghead?:p

And has anyone else noticed one of the tags for this thread, the number 1 tag by the way, is cheater! :twisted::biggrin:

Quite truthfully, I'm just green with envy!!

Hey, looks like ole Poopy Pants fixed the color thingie. Thanks your Poopyness.

Check that, still won't work when doing a regular reply thingie. He must still be busy trying to answer the 167 messages that he has in his PM box.

You are going to be very popular in the neighborhood with that thing......Congrats,
T

Back