Come In Albuquerque-Fornetto Basso

I’m enjoying mine. Pork Butt Sausage and seasoned onion top rack. Cooked large NY Strip thru door. After eating wife added Chipotle in Adobo and cane sugar DP to Pork roast. Added a few coals to bottom door, and smoke continues

Last edited:
Chipotle Dr Pepper completed
Juices for future soup stew or chili
The End

Last edited:
Damn you 16adams. @ $75 thought too good of deal to pass up

Assembly was pretty easy
prpNuAJl.jpg

Only minimal blood loss (I'm in MN, brought into my porch to assemble and box shifted jamming my hand between box and door frame. I'm sure my neighbors heard me cussing)

cL2ghrgl.jpg

Fired up for initial burn in

VH19NB5l.jpg

Does leak some ash a little

pPT6texl.jpg

for $75 I'm happy so far. Overall quality is decent, few places they took some short cuts. coal basket seems cheap, as noted above leaks ash, the gasket for probe port lasted all one of cook, one of the doors is a little crooked (i may try to fix) and large gaps near hinge so she leaks a lot of smoke

Probably not same quality as a WSM, but for $$, I think she'll be a nice cooker for me. I had been looking at drum, PBC, WSM, etc but wasn't really committed to spending money.

I figure worst case scenario I sell on CL or FB for $50 this spring

I joined the Fornetto FB group. Lots of good tips there. Before bending door place hinges on inside. See if that straightens them. Still pondering the ash drip. WSM has that pie plate thing. Anyway, agree on coal basket. I’ve seen some mods, mostly in Australia. I think a two inch higher interior ring of expanded metal might do it.

Last edited:
The photo above was after placing 4 large hickory chunks to look for leaks. I’ve had zero problems cooking great food. If something failed please file a warranty, I’m curious too—as several others will be. Thanks. Keep reviews coming.
Learning as I go too

With hinges on inside My doors are tight though a little leaking around knob. Having had several WSM’s they all leaked somewhere and always sealed effectively over the course of many cooks. I usually break my cookers with hickory chunks. I think it keeps the cooker smelling best the longest. Any smallish puffs of Blue never affected the cooks. Never bothered me.
Sorry about the hand. My bloodletting Of late has been with aluminum foil and the cutting edge of the foil box.

Last edited:
How much charcoal in a full basket and how long does it last?

I used Kingsford Blue filled even with rim. Used half a lit chimney and poured over coals. Closed up waited 30 minutes for thin blue and the thermometer read 250. It was on its way down and read 230* when I closed it up approaching 6 hours. Top vent 80% open. Three bottom vents 50% swag. Mine ran 6 hours at 250 when I shut vents was starting to drop. I’ve no idea the accuracy of the dome thermometer. It goes up and down and if I’m really curious Ill use DOT-Inkbird-Igrill but mostly just get to know my cooker and use Thermapen for probe and temps

Full disclosure I’m recalling this from memory, Beer May have been involved, and one bourbon

Last edited:
Another door hinge view

Last edited:
I made the same door hinge mistake initially. The pictogram directions aren't the best.

For burn time, the only time I tried to see how long it would go I got a little over 5 hours at 275ish per Inkbird, on a basket full of post oak lump, empty foiled pan, 2 bottom vents cracked, one closed, top 1/4 closed. That was its second cook. The lump wasn't packed in densely, just dumped it in the basket, so there is room for improvement on that. Planning on doing a cook with briquettes soon, and will take note of how long i can make it last. Regarding the dome thermometer, mine runs about 30 degrees off from my Inkbird and Maverick probes. Don't remember if that was +30 or -30, because I quit looking at it and just use probes... No problems at all here with any of the probe ports.

I have been tossing a couple notions around for the ash situation, if any of them prove worthwhile I'll let y'all know.

Ok, looks like I'll need reinstall the doors.

I wasn't too worried, but there was enough air flow to prevent it from shutting down

I made the same door hinge mistake initially. The pictogram directions aren't the best.

For burn time, the only time I tried to see how long it would go I got a little over 5 hours at 275ish per Inkbird, on a basket full of post oak lump, empty foiled pan, 2 bottom vents cracked, one closed, top 1/4 closed. That was its second cook. The lump wasn't packed in densely, just dumped it in the basket, so there is room for improvement on that. Planning on doing a cook with briquettes soon, and will take note of how long i can make it last. Regarding the dome thermometer, mine runs about 30 degrees off from my Inkbird and Maverick probes. Don't remember if that was +30 or -30, because I quit looking at it and just use probes... No problems at all here with any of the probe ports.

I have been tossing a couple notions around for the ash situation, if any of them prove worthwhile I'll let y'all know.
Took a second look, and I see now.

Just not paying enough attention.

Look forward to your thoughts. Mine fit like a glove and performance is identical to my previous WSM’s. I oriented the vent wheels identical so the position that is totally closed up top is totally closed on the 3 bottom vents. I originally put first door in with hinge on outside but wife caught it and they’re properly installed. The side handle interior stabilization bars were caught and installed before I broke anything by the Brethren above. I was lucky to have an extra set of hands and a Bride that enjoys schematics and puzzles. It didn’t take long with her assistance and the leftover parts that I failed to install. I’m still impressed with fit and finish on mine, inside and out. I like the ability to make three sizes. My water pan is still new in a spare bedroom. I didn’t use it with my WSM’s, maybe 1-2 times. The meat hanging system is built into the lid handle. I’ve not used that yet. My Oklahoma Joe Bronco has a hanging system too. So I have 4 big charcoal cookers, one small and a small Blackstone. My tools exceed my abilities.

Last edited:
I really like the idea that I can hang a few racks of ribs. I cannot do that on my PK and I hate to burn all that charcoal on the Open Range for that small a cook.

A fuel miser am I.

I really like the idea that I can hang a few racks of ribs. I cannot do that on my PK and I hate to burn all that charcoal on the Open Range for that small a cook.

A fuel miser am I.

I haven't used hangers, but I wish wasn't built into lid.

I'm only one cook, but GO is far superior, as it should be, but agreed if I'm just doing rack of ribs.

The question for me is will it replace Weber 26 for small cooks.

If I had spent 300 like a wsm, I'd probably be disappointed. At 75-100, I'm pretty happy

Well, took a drive this morning to the neighboring town since the local Lowe’s were out of stock. $95 for the last one they had! Early Christmas present to me.

Well, took a drive this morning to the neighboring town since the local Lowe’s were out of stock. $95 for the last one they had! Early Christmas present to me.

That’s what I paid and honestly if Id paid the 189 I still wouldn’t be disappointed. Hopefully yours is as well engineered as mine.

Back