SouthDakotaBBQ - It does Exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SouthDakotaBBQ

Hello all. I am new to the forum here but have been looking in for a month or so now. I have been Grillin, Chillin, Smokin and BBQin for well over 10 years. I recently became a "pellet popper" this last January but still keep my gasser and kettle around for big parties and nostalgia. I have been making my own sauce and rubs for around three years now. I love to brew beer and make Q any day I can, snow, rain, wind or shine. I donated the modest amount for membership as this seems to be a great place to take my game to the next level. I have found a few members here in the great BBQ void we call South Dakota. I will have to make an effort to get ahold of these members and trade some stories and info. I have been looking to start a team (seriously) for about a 6 months now. I found the this forum and thought great idea! I would love to get together with some "local" players and learn to burn and turn some great Q in comps.

Welcome.

I know what a Pellet Pooper is. I know what a kettle is. But what is this gasser thing that you speak of?

Welcome to the forum, ive got family in your neighborhood!

Ha!

Well .... A gasser is .... LOL. Anyway I know that "Grilling" is a lost idea here in the true BBQers minds but sometimes a guy just needs a old fashioned steak with a side of mushrooms and onions. I know that gas is not an accepted source of heat, but when you get home at 8:30 from a days work it sure is nice to turn it on and cook in 5 minutes. I will however refrain from mentioning this gas thing in future posts as much as possible.

Welcome from way down here in NC...this is a great forum!

We do grilling...lots and lots of grilling...
We even like steak...lots and lots of steak...

Ya' know... It's my VEERRRY humble opinion that every method of cooking meat has it's place (except a George Foreman, I mean, seriously?). When camping, I like to cook it over an open fire but I sure as hell aint gonna put up with that when I'm @ home and have all my other toys to play with!
And hells yes I take the lazy way out some nights and I don't have a problem sharing that!
Hi! I'm Ryan and I have a gasser.

Welcome!

Ya' know... It's my VEERRRY humble opinion that every method of cooking meat has it's place (except a George Foreman, I mean, seriously?). When camping, I like to cook it over an open fire but I sure as hell aint gonna put up with that when I'm @ home and have all my other toys to play with!
And hells yes I take the lazy way out some nights and I don't have a problem sharing that!
Hi! I'm Ryan and I have a gasser.

Welcome!

You are correct, so very correct. Every method has a place...

I'm just having some fun with the new guy...can't we do that anymore? It's just good natured teasing. It's not like I accused him of boiling his ribs or anything.

BOIL MY RIBS! LOL just kiddin!

You are correct, so very correct. Every method has a place...

I'm just having some fun with the new guy...can't we do that anymore? It's just good natured teasing. It's not like I accused him of boiling his ribs or anything.

This is fun. Thanks for the welcome everyone. I agree with all here all types have a time and place. It is fun to poke at the gas grill cuz it is fast and easy. Thank you for NOT saying I boil my ribs. I can see I am going to fit right in here.:biggrin:

Welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!

I should add that I too have a gasser. It has 8 burners and requires 2 propane bottles to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back