A NY State Championships, KCBS competition

Oct. 23 – 25, 2009

Competitors and Judges Applications:
www.bbqbattleli.com

BBQ – Sunday, Oct. 25th
Grilling – Saturday, Oct. 24th
Setup and Potluck Dinner – Friday, Oct. 23rd

Payouts:
Dependant on attendance. 2007 almost $10,000. 2008 almost $11,000. Both years 100% of the entry fees were returned to the competitors in payouts.

Grilling:
Full rules will be posted on September 23rd
The winner of the Grilling competition will receive a Big Green Egg, courtesy of Vitale Fuels.

KCBS:
Standard categories and times

KCBS Reps:
Don and Leslie Lovely
Jerry and Linda Mullane

Ancillary Contests:
Best Lot – most unique, attractive, friendly lot
The team with the best lot will receive a 22" Weber Kettle with a custom grill from Huntingdon County Customs.

Pies
Cakes
Cookies

Other Points of Interest:
Live music both days
Children’s costume parade on Saturday, the 24th
Pumpkin carving contest on Saturday, the 24th
Children’s Mad Science show on Saturday, the 24th
The world’s largest grill will be on hand (Johnsonville Big Taste Grill)

Team dinner on Saturday, the 24th

Team breakfast on Sunday, the 25th

Last edited by a moderator:
"johnsonville" Grill

Theres a reason its called the worlds largest grill , Mr. Bobo Times Square Good Morning America Appearance 2005... we cooked 1500 brats at once!

Attachments

• EJJ On the Rig (2).jpg
    EJJ On the Rig (2).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 618
Attended last year?

CHANGES FOR 2009

1) The awards ceremony is being moved up as early as possible. Our tentative time (if Linda can get the results in and printed in time) is 4:00 pm. If we can get it done even earlier, we will. We will NOT be having the awards at 5:00 like last year.
A) The awards ceremony will be considerably more succinct than last year.

2) We will have staff on hand whose only job will be to answer teams questions and offer assistance. We are shooting at a ratio of one staff member per ten teams.

3) There will be event staff on hand and easily accessible 24 hours a day.

(thanks to Brandon and others for their feedback)

Hi,

If you attended the Battle of the BBQ Brethren last year or the previous year we would like to hear your suggestions on how we can make 2009 the best year yet.

We are looking for input from competitors, judges and attendees.

Please shoot me an email at saberinc at verizon dot net

Thanks!

Eric

if you attended the battle of the bbq brethren last year or the previous year we would like to hear your suggestions on how we can make 2009 the best year yet.

We are looking for input from competitors, judges and attendees.

Please shoot me an email at saberinc at verizon dot net

thanks!

Eric

important: Email or PM Eric with your comments to avoid this thread becoming 2000 posts long.

Best Lot Prize

I'm not sure what the specific nomenclature is, but the team with the best lot/space/area at the Battle of the BBQ Brethren will receive a 22" weber kettle and a custom grate from Huntingdon County Customs.

Taste, texture and appearance will not be the criteria. Well, ok... maybe appearance. And friendliness.

More prize announcements next week.

Eric

Thank You to Eric and all else involved will be there vending along with competing. Look forward to bringing bbq to the public at the event.

No Jack means I'm back! Perhaps Mr. Bobo will bring my 22" WSM or do I have to wait another year? :)

If any Brethren are interested in helping me try to defend my title and/or win back my grilling title, shoot me a PM. Otherwise I'm cooking solo.

There might be a team from outside the US joining us.

If anyone has any basic equipment that they can loan another team, please let me know.

Suggestions:

Chairs
Tents
Tables
Beer

Thanks,

Eric

I'm not sure what the specific nomenclature is, but the team with the best lot/space/area at the Battle of the BBQ Brethren will receive a 22" weber kettle and a custom grate from Huntingdon County Customs.

Taste, texture and appearance will not be the criteria. Well, ok... maybe appearance. And friendliness.

More prize announcements next week.

Eric
How about a prize for the best team banner?

Back