MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #16
Fredbird
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoKanMeathead View Post
We will be there - looking forward to seeing everyone. Team Q - save us a spot. Be there around noon - first beer, same as Spice.
Shall we setup the MoKan-Q Party Pavilon?
18" WSM
Weber One-Touch Gold
Aussie Gasser
MOFO Chapter
KCBS CBJ

"BEER is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy". - Benjamin Franklin
Fredbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #17
MoKanMeathead
is One Chatty Farker

I think that would be appropriate.
MoKanMeathead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #18
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Is the 'rita machine making the trip, Wayne? I have 3 or 4 real estate gals showing up Friday night that might be thirsty!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #19
Greatgrills
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
We've been paid up for this one since February! See y'all there! Anyone doing People's Choice? I declined on my application but depending on timing, I might do it this time. I will be there with Taylor early and my priority is the Kid's Q with her before People's Choice.
Heard that the overall people's choice winner gets a free entry to next years contest.

Mark and Becky
Great Grills O' Fire
Homemade Smoker
22 1/2" WSM for chicken
WSMx2 for when I make my own team
And lots of beer drinkin
Greatgrills is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM   #20
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgrills View Post
Heard that the overall people's choice winner gets a free entry to next years contest.
So does GC and RGC!
KCBS Member #14287

Old 06-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #21
Greatgrills
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
So does GC and RGC!
Good luck hope it happens for you...All I know is that the contest is a good contest...We dont mind doing the people's choice they give you all the meat plus a good spot...If you want to do it then do it if not oh well...We have done it each year that we have gone and actually won the contest one year while doing the people's choice(with just the two of us, so one of us always had to be serving the public)...We will also continue to do it because it helps the contest make money..You either can do it or not just depends on how you can manage your time...Dont mean to come down on anyone but saying that only locals win and that you can only do it with help is wrong....Can't wait to see everyone again...And to all good luck

Mark and Becky
Great Grills O' Fire
Homemade Smoker
22 1/2" WSM for chicken
And lots of beer drinkin

Old 06-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #22
Chick'n Pig BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

We will be there Friday Morning!!
Custom Spicewine Thurmanator
Custom Spicewine Smoker Trailer
Spicewine medium Smoker
Weber Blue Performance grill (Slammin Sammy's)
Weber Ranch Kettle Grill
Chick'n Pig BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #23
Solidkick

Quote:
Good luck hope it happens for you...All I know is that the contest is a good contest...We dont mind doing the people's choice they give you all the meat plus a good spot...If you want to do it then do it if not oh well...We have done it each year that we have gone and actually won the contest one year while doing the people's choice(with just the two of us, so one of us always had to be serving the public)...We will also continue to do it because it helps the contest make money..You either can do it or not just depends on how you can manage your time...Dont mean to come down on anyone but saying that only locals win and that you can only do it with help is wrong....Can't wait to see everyone again...And to all good luck
Point well made.......I just talked to Chris from the contest and he stated he'd heard there was "smack talk" going on about the people choice.....
Like I stated above, after how it effected how T and I worked together at Fulton doing their People's Choice, we elected not to do it. If it was all 4 of us Belly Brothers cooking it, then I'd say, "Hell Yea!"

Sooooooooo........from this post forward, let's keep our comments about cooking the Peoples Choice to "Yes I am cooking, or No I'm not cooking"
anything else will be edited or deleted.....we owe that to the promoters of the contest........THANKS A BUNCH!!!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2007, 06:58 PM   #24
Greatgrills
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidkick View Post
Point well made.......I just talked to Chris from the contest and he stated he'd heard there was "smack talk" going on about the people choice.....
Like I stated above, after how it effected how T and I worked together at Fulton doing their People's Choice, we elected not to do it. If it was all 4 of us Belly Brothers cooking it, then I'd say, "Hell Yea!"

Sooooooooo........from this post forward, let's keep our comments about cooking the Peoples Choice to "Yes I am cooking, or No I'm not cooking"
anything else will be edited or deleted.....we owe that to the promoters of the contest........THANKS A BUNCH!!!

Awesome we will see you there..Mark will be there sometime in the morning with all the kids I can not get off work so I will not be there until later in the evening..Hopefully there will be some cold beer left for me to drink

Mark and Becky
Great Grills O' Fire
Homemade Smoker
22 1/2" WSM for chicken
And lots of beer drinkin

Old 06-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #25
beam boys bbq
is one Smokin' Farker

paul got off work for that day and i have the day off we are are going to get as fast as we can

we are doing people choice for our sponcers and to talk q with the people
we had fun with it last year the people next to us were from kc had an great time love the set up there big and open

york
beam boys bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #26
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Awesome we will see you there..Mark will be there sometime in the morning with all the kids I can not get off work so I will not be there until later in the evening..Hopefully there will be some cold beer left for me to drink
Nope Becky... we should have it all gone by the time you get there.
KCBS Member #14287

Old 06-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #27
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam boys bbq View Post
paul got off work for that day and i have the day off we are are going to get as fast as we can

we are doing people choice for our sponcers and to talk q with the people
we had fun with it last year the people next to us were from kc had an great time love the set up there big and open

york
One thing about us not doing PC is that we got to set up further back and it was pretty much a 40 foot x 100 foot spot if we wanted! It really is a great location for a contest... electric and water at every site, relatively flat and even a few trees for shade in places. If you haven't cooked it before, there are showers as well.
KCBS Member #14287

Old 06-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #28
Chick'n Pig BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
One thing about us not doing PC is that we got to set up further back and it was pretty much a 40 foot x 100 foot spot if we wanted! It really is a great location for a contest... electric and water at every site, relatively flat and even a few trees for shade in places. If you haven't cooked it before, there are showers as well.
Sedalia is one of our favorite contest. Jeff is exactly right.
Custom Spicewine Thurmanator
Custom Spicewine Smoker Trailer
Spicewine medium Smoker
Weber Blue Performance grill (Slammin Sammy's)
Weber Ranch Kettle Grill
Chick'n Pig BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #29
Mooner
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mooner

Well, since I did so crappy in Raytown I think Im gonna come down as a pit b*tch and cook with Bubba and Jeff. Im excited to see so many Brethren coming out, it's gonna be a heck of a party. Good to meet everyone in Raytown. I love hangin with the brother's. Jay, make sure Team Q has a fatty for me and bring some Sweet Heat!!!!

MOFO Chapter
Blue Moon Porkers
Yoder ys1500 / Masterbuilt 1050 / Pit Barrel Cooker

Last edited by Mooner; 06-10-2007 at 11:01 PM..
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2007, 05:16 PM   #30
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

Jordan ... I was thinking of doing the same if I can find a team to host me.
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote