MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
bproffer
Take a breath!

Default Check my #'s please

We are doing an event for 110-125 people. We will be serving tri-tip and chicken and 3 sides. I am thinking about 45 lbs of tri-tip and 125 pieces of chicken. The split of chicken I am thinking 25% legs, 50% thighs, 25% breasts.

Sides will be broccoli salad, baked beans and roasted potatoes and dinner rolls. I am thinking about 3.5oz-4oz per serving per side. Does this seem about right for the amount of sides? Everything will be served buffet style, no servers.

Sound about right?

Old 06-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
acguy
Knows what a fatty is.

I don't do well with "pieces" of chicken. Are you thinking around 60lbs? I don't care for legs unless I'm feeding kids but that's just my preference.

You say buffet style. Is the meat self serve? With 3 sides and rolls, I think your figuring to much meat but, I can't say without all the facts in terms I deal with.
acguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
sunrise
On the road to being a farker

You have to be very careful when "self serve" is involved with the meat portion. The first 3 dozen people could wipe you out of tri tip, everyone else eats chicken.
We did a wedding for 350, we cooked 110 pound of tri tip, and 180 boneless-skinless (brides request) chicken breasts, cut in half. Everything worked out well, but we did have a lot of left over tri tip as the servers (her hire) were very skimpy with the tri tip. But all in all, it was good.
I agree with the leg part, leave them for another time.

Last edited by sunrise; 06-08-2013 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: spelling
sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote