MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
Theboz1419
is one Smokin' Farker

Default butts for church and watch live smoke webpage.....

http://uds.servebeer.com live smoke

Tomorrow, at my church they are having a cookout and they asked if I could smoke something. Well pork butts it is.

The above link is my heatermeter controller. I had some minor problems at the beginning, all looks ok now. Also im using some new maverick et-732 probes for the butts, not sure I like the probes, not as good as my et-72/73 probes(pit temp and the ambient temp). They did read 211 in boiling water though.

14 pounds, not much but someone else is also doing some pulled pork also

All rubbed up

Last edited by Theboz1419; 10-19-2013 at 10:22 AM..
Theboz1419 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
Dadeo719
is one Smokin' Farker

Too cool!! thanks for completely wasting my Saturday as I sit here and watch this now.....

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
grantw
is One Chatty Farker

that gadget is wicked!! id love a controller like that, cant wait for updates

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Theboz1419
is one Smokin' Farker

Easy to make. I have it setup to send Emails or SMS on alarms. The Fluctuations in set point are me screwing around on the dam thing lol.

Heatermeter Forums

Old 10-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

It's not wasting my afternoon, but I can't help but to keep checkin on it for ya.
Looks like it's doing real fine.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
Dadeo719
is one Smokin' Farker

Can we get a pic of the setup?

Old 10-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #7
Dadeo719
is one Smokin' Farker

And yeah I'm still setting here watching lol

Old 10-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #8
longwayfromhome
Full Fledged Farker

So, I am down in New Zealand and I know your lid is closed and the blower is running at 18%... maybe these conspiracy theorists are onto something after all!

Old 10-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
EmilPatrick
Knows what a fatty is.

That's awesome, thanks for the live link. I actually just stumbled onto the Heatmeter software and forum post a few weeks ago and started ordering parts to build one this week.

How difficult was it for you to build and get running? It seems pretty straight forward from all the posts I've read.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Love the live link.
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
rifraf
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboz1419 View Post
The above link is my heatermeter controller.

I made one of those awesome ATC (automatic temperature controller) I love it. It is so versatile. Plus it has web capabilities and at about $120 price tag with a big blower it is at a fraction of the cost of some of its competitors.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #12
Theboz1419
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilPatrick View Post
That's awesome, thanks for the live link. I actually just stumbled onto the Heatmeter software and forum post a few weeks ago and started ordering parts to build one this week.

How difficult was it for you to build and get running? It seems pretty straight forward from all the posts I've read.

Well I have had the heatermeter since version 1 and it was much much harder then it is now. Before there was no circuit boards and Raspberry PI, we used Linksys router and wires to connect on the components. The programming was just as bad. took me 6+ months to get one working lol.

But, now the heatermeter can be made by anybody fairly easy, The soldering is the hardest part. The circuit boards have a guide to tell you what goes where on it, and they are numbered, for instance R1 would be resister 1 and if you look at the list of components R1 would be a 1k resister(3 of them) C2 would be a .1u capacitor.

As long as you keep the resisters , caps ect.... in their bags that tell you what they are, you really don't even need to know what they are, if that makes sense. Pictures of the assembly

The programming is as easy as downloading the needed software on your computer as long as you have a SD card slot available, all you have to do install it to the SD card and that it.

Put the Sd card into the RasPI and done, you have yourself a Heatermeter. Byran is constantly updating the software.

And for those that have kids and if they would like to build something, this would be an awesome project for them to learn on.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #13
Theboz1419
is one Smokin' Farker

Almost finished, at 6am checked for tenderness and the smell was intoxicating. Oh, I love the smell of early morning Q :)

http://uds.servebeer.com live smoke

Old 10-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #14
scp
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Barry

Looks like my 17 y/o computer geek just got a project

Old 10-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #15
jbuntingsr
Full Fledged Farker

That is cool
jbuntingsr is offline   Reply With Quote