New BBQ Pitmasters ~ Kentucky Style ~ At The Top Of The Hour

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
... on Destination America.

I know, I know..... the game is on, and it's all but tied. Well,... there is a replay later tonight. My times are 7PM (Mountain) for the first run, and 10PM for the replay.

DVR is set.

Gotta watch the game.

Besides, I'm still stuffed from dinner and dessert. I feel like I'll burn more calories watching NFL than grill masters at work. :becky:

Nice! I'm looking forward to the ham and mutton cooks! Something different for a change.

Look at that freaking knife! And, he broke it! :laugh:

We don't get much mutton in these parts never had it or cooked it.

Actually, mutton was first cooked in Kentucky by Virginians. Two Virginia families moved west to Kentucky and cooked a mutton served with peach syrup in 1805. They were the families of Abraham Lincoln's parents. BBQ mutton was the meat served at Abraham Lincoln's parent's wedding. Until 1792, Kentucky was actually Kentucky County, VA.

From the old book
The Life of Abraham Lincoln:

Drawn from Original Sources and Containing Many Speeches, Letters and Telegrams

picture.php

Actually, mutton was first cooked in Kentucky by Virginians. Two Virginia families moved west to Kentucky and cooked a mutton served with peach syrup in 1805. They were the families of Abraham Lincoln's parents. BBQ mutton was the meat served at Abraham Lincoln's parent's wedding. Until 1792, Kentucky was actually Kentucky County, VA.

From the old book
The Life of Abraham Lincoln:

Drawn from Original Sources and Containing Many Speeches, Letters and Telegrams

picture.php

How exactly does this article prove that this was the first time ever that mutton, or "sheep", was cooked in what is now known as Kentucky?

It proves that it's the oldest first hand account of it happening in an affidavit.

I will have to say that this episode was my least favorite this year.. Dont think im a huge mutton fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something I haven't heard mentioned yet. K.I.S.S. stole the show! NO RUB, NO INJECTIONS just Heat & Meat with a simple sauce. Even Mr 200 step process Mixon was impressed. Makes me wonder what if all competitors on the various circuits developed that same attitude toward turn ins.......?

Back