What is considered a "rosette" of meat???

Atlasman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I try to be creative with my rib boxes.......especially baby backs as the curves allow you to use the corners of the box. I get nervous though that I am gonna get nailed one day by someone who feels the meat is "sculpted" or purposely shaped.

That, and I really don't know what a rosette of meat is so does anyone know so I make sure I don't turn one in by accident.

It's a flower design. Not possible with ribs.

Well, theoretically you could do it. Short baby back ribs placed on edge could be arranged in a pinwheel designt that might be interpreted as a rosette. Frankly I've always felt this rule is ambiguous and should include photo examples of what is and isn't legal.

Well, theoretically you could do it. Short baby back ribs placed on edge could be arranged in a pinwheel designt that might be interpreted as a rosette. Frankly I've always felt this rule is ambiguous and should include photo examples of what is and isn't legal.

That's actually what I have done.....I've made circles of baby backs which I think looks cool because it shows off the smoke ring as well as just gives a different look. I am always afraid some judge is going to say a circle is a sculpted shape or rosette and DQ us. I would have a hard time accepting that as most guys turn in a square of ribs so I don't see the difference.

Back