• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Biscuits and Gravy

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The TRUE breakfast of champions: sausage, biscuits, gravy. How can it be any better? Hot sauce, red pepper flake, black pepper, ??? Add some egg and/or cheese to the top of the biscuit.

What's your recipe? Any special add ins or add ons?

Any tips for reheating other than 60 secs in Microwave.

Brown 1 lb of sausage.
Add 6-8 Tablespoons of flour. Add 2T at a time and stir into the sausage.
Stir in 1 to 1 1/2 quarts of milk.
Stir in Black Pepper to taste.
Let come to a brief bowl so that flour will thicken.

Attachments

• biskets and gravy 001 (Small).jpg
    biskets and gravy 001 (Small).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 207
mmmmmmmm, had Biscuits and Gravy for Daddys day breakfast courtesy of Wifey, she used some bacon and a piece of the last fatty I did though for flavor, also added just a little sauteed onions and a tiny bit of Garlic to the standard flower milk black pepper mix. Came out farkin amazing!

Todd--yours look great!

I use McCormick's gravy mix.
Use 2 cups MILK instead of water to make it thick.
Stir in lots, and lots, and lots of Fattie!

Cook biscuits from the "pop-apart" roll thingies for 12-15 minutes.
I like "Grand" brand the best, but it don't matter a lot.
At comps, I bring pre cooked biscuits as above and re-heat them in the cooker wrapped in foil.

CHOW DOWN! :lol:
"Kiss princple" for me.

But, it is all good!

TUN

Biscuits and gravy is what happened to my waist line:eek: :biggrin:

mmmmmmmm, had Biscuits and Gravy for Daddys day breakfast courtesy of Wifey, she used some bacon and a piece of the last fatty I did though for flavor, also added just a little sauteed onions and a tiny bit of Garlic to the standard flower milk black pepper mix. Came out farkin amazing!

All of a sudden, my gravy don't taste so good. Nice add ins, John.

I like it on French toast good stuff........

As if it wasn't bad enough for you! :wink:

Hyjack: Favorite French Toast is with Peanut Butter on it. Favorite pancakes is with chocolate chips pressed into the hot cakes. Yum-oh!!

As if it wasn't bad enough for you! :wink:

Hyjack: Favorite French Toast is with Peanut Butter on it. Favorite pancakes is with chocolate chips pressed into the hot cakes. Yum-oh!!

Ok thats like the 3rd or 4th time Todd has gone Rachel Ray on us.
YUM OH !!!!!WTF
Oh and whats that red stuff of the B&G?

Biscuits and Gravy
If ya want the best make them from scratch it's easy enough.
Use a good biscuit recipe but add a couple tablespoons of sugar to it you will love the difference.
Use good sausage, we like Owens, spicy if you are so inclined Jimmy Dean will work too fry it up.
Make the sausage gravy by adding flour to the skillet and brown slightly while finishing frying the sausage then add milk and stir to get the correct consistency and add a little MSG at this time.

Biscuits and Gravy
If ya want the best make them from scratch it's easy enough.
Use a good biscuit recipe but add a couple tablespoons of sugar to it you will love the difference.
Use good sausage, we like Owens, spicy if you are so inclined Jimmy Dean will work too fry it up.
Make the sausage gravy by adding flour to the skillet and brown slightly while finishing frying the sausage then add milk and stir to get the correct consistency and add a little MSG at this time.

Now that's the way I was taught to make gravy! S & P to taste and just a hint of Worchestershire sauce before the milk, to set the flavor off.

Papa Tom, ever try that sugar in cornbread or tuna salad? Good stuff.

Last edited:
Sugar in cornbread yes it's good but never in tuna salad I'll have to try it. Something my wife sprung on me was white grapes and toasted pecans in the tuna salad it was really good.

If I am really feeling like clogging arteries... I put a 1/2" slab of hot Jimmy Dean on top of a biscuit split in half. Pour sausage gravy over the top, with a side of bacon. Fry the flour for the roux in the bacon grease.... pork fat rules!!!

When making a large batch for a bunch of people, I also have a cheater method. I take the sausage and brown it - 3-5 lbs. Season with Bill's TX Style Season-all, A touch of canadian steak seasoning, and garlic pepper. Add whole milk, then use wondra quick mixing flour. Non-clumping!! Add a little louisiana hot sauce to taste, and viola, B&G for 20!

Ok thats like the 3rd or 4th time Todd has gone Rachel Ray on us.
YUM OH !!!!!WTF
Oh and whats that red stuff of the B&G?

The Yum-oh is a little scary dude. You joining Jeff's special club?? :shock:

Biscuits and gravey are my favorite breakfast food sausage gravy is great and so is bacon gravy. Not sure about all the hot sauce though love it on my eggs never put it on my biscuits so now I have to try it next time.

Your Gramma obviously didnt know mine... until I was 19 or so I thought all you could get was cinnamon gravey with your biscuts. This stuff goes awesome with ham

5 tbl bacon grease
5tbl flour
2 tbl brown sugar
3 tbl white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
Milk

add flour to bacon grease, throw in other chit... make sure its all coated in bacon grease, add if needed gradually add milk stir constantly until thickening is achieved and adjust thickness with milk.

If I am really feeling like clogging arteries... I put a 1/2" slab of hot Jimmy Dean on top of a biscuit split in half. Pour sausage gravy over the top, with a side of bacon. Fry the flour for the roux in the bacon grease.... pork fat rules!!!

When making a large batch for a bunch of people, I also have a cheater method. I take the sausage and brown it - 3-5 lbs. Season with Bill's TX Style Season-all, A touch of canadian steak seasoning, and garlic pepper. Add whole milk, then use wondra quick mixing flour. Non-clumping!! Add a little louisiana hot sauce to taste, and viola, B&G for 20!

This is my Favorite seasoning of All Time.. I use it on EVERYTHING. steak ribs chicken, spagehti,eggs u name it, it gets a shot of bills. it is made just 45 min south of where i grew up in central texas in sansaba texas.

Your Gramma obviously didnt know mine...

Growing up, I spent a lot of time at the grandparent's farm. Lot's of hardy meals (as if you couldn't tell), but never biscuits and gravy. Both sets of grandparents were old Iowa farm families, but no biscuits and gravy. Didn't discover them until I was an adult.

Having my fourth round of B&G for the week as breakfast this morning.

Absolute best B&G I ever had was HoDeDo's that he made after Polar Swine II this last Feb. After that, I like using the Jimmy Dean Hot or some red pepper flake.

Back