Tired of crap store sausage ...

I have a grinder and I have ground pork through here all the time. My wife is Filipino and uses it and anchovies in a lot of her dishes. I can flavor the pork the way I like, I even have mixed in ground lamb before. Its getting it in the casing the F's me up each time.

Closest butcher that is of any quality to me is a little on the expensive side; but if I am cooking for just friends and family I am all over it. This is more for when I'm cooking for groups of people. IE Scuba buddies when I teach a dive class or at a church function or something. I do not like to serve anything that I do not myself like.

if you already have a grinder than you are almost there.

I have a 5 lb vertical stuffer. Makes stuffing sausages a breeze.

Get one and you will be all set

If you really want to pay a premium price Hebert's Specialty Meats will ship anywhere. This is a real deal Cajun specialty meat market with all kind of sausage and stuffed meats. They created the original Turducken over 25 years ago. They run there internet business from a store one of the family members opened in Tulsa, OK.

Thanks everyone ... much appreciated. I am currently looking at a old fashioned stuff and also looking at a few sites for the bulk sausages. Thinking though that I can make a mess up, vacuum seal it and store for a bit.

Still want a solid alternative to home made for larger events. Example I have a church cook for 150 people next month and a Boy Scout cook in May. Boy Scouts eat a ton so cooking pulled pork and sausage is a no brainer.

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Down.Home.Meats.Incorporated.318-925-6915

Down Home Meats in Stonewall, LA

They make some of the best smoked sausage I've put in my mouth. We use it to sample our BBQ sauce in some of our tradeshows. They have my company's approval no doubt.

Call and ask for David Terry. I know him quite well and let him know that you got his number from David at Double D's BBQ. He might give you the employee pricing per case which I believe is $2.00/lb. Don't quote me on that but it's close to that.

I'm looking for a place to get some good sausage for smoking. I've tried several from Sam's and Costco and needless to say I'm not impressed.

Anyone have any recommendations for the Dallas area? I am even willing to have some shipped to me ...

Thanks,
Gerry

oh ok

I thought this was for personal use

yeah, for feeding an army like that, I would not want to make that much sausage!!!

I think Johnsonville is pretty good. I always smoke those. I tried a brand at BJ's wholesale club and wasn't impressed at all.

Road trip it south and stock up. I would strongly recommend Kaspar meat market in Weimar, TX, which is about an hour to hour and a half west of Houston. I have had sausage from all over the state and theirs is about the best. Chapel Hill and Slovacek is just barely okay for Czech style sausage. Another great place is Prause Meat Market in La Grange. The smaller, lesser known meat markets do a better job of it than the big well known sausage companies.

If you are up for a day trip try Fisher's Meat Market in Muenster,Tx. They still make the [FONT=&quot]original German smoked sausage as made in 1927[/FONT] when it opened along with [FONT=&quot]many other varieties[/FONT].[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Usingers in Milwaukee, WI if you can find it or get it shipped. Extremely good quality and taste for a production sausage. Highly recommend it to anyone!

Back