THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheRancheroGuy

Knows what a fatty is.
I'm trying to resurrect a Bandera. I bought a used one for $75 that did not include wheels. Can anyone tell me what size (exactly) wheels theirs has? I want to try to replace them, as Harbor Freight has many different sizes and it would be nice to keep 'er level.

This site looks amazing and I hope to be skooled by you BBQ afficianados.

I can't say for certain, but the ones on the clone I gave to my dad were about 5 inches in diameter, give or take. I'm guestimating here, may be a bit bigger.

The original Bandera wheels were $hit. So upgrade. HF has some solid rubber tires that take either 5/8" or 1/2" axles. Stay away from PIA pneumatic tires. You'll need axles of solid round bar stock. They can be gotten from any good hardware store.

The Charbroil wheels were $45 (plus shipping) and plastic. That would last about 1 summer (Phoenix area) here! But good idea and appreciated.
I've just removed the axle, with a BFH and WD-40, so off to Harbor Freight I go!

The Charbroil wheels were $45 (plus shipping) and plastic. That would last about 1 summer (Phoenix area) here! But good idea and appreciated.
I've just removed the axle, with a BFH and WD-40, so off to Harbor Freight I go!

MAke sure you check the link I just posted on Axle Modifications!!!

FYI - Harbor Freight sells a 6" wheel (plastic) for $4.99 that will work fine. Much better than $45 from Charbroil. Neither will last, but that's a $35 savings!

TK's Bandera Wheel Mod

here it is. quick and dirty wheel mod after the wheel buckled and the axle grinded my driveway. I had to catch the Bandera from biting asphalt. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 104-0404_IMG.jpg
    104-0404_IMG.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 74
  • 104-0406_IMG.JPG
    104-0406_IMG.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 72
Back