Contest Results BBQ In The Park, LaPorte City, IA - July 18 & 19, 2009

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big T'z does it again! Congrats, Guys! Also, look at Buster Dog BBQ in 3rd place! Nice Job!

Here are the top 10s. Full results are here.

Grand Champion: Big T'z Q Cru
Reserve Champion: A Boy and His BBQ

Overall:
1 Big T'z Q Cru
2 A Boy and His BBQ
3 Buster Dog BBQ
4 Let's Kick Some Ash
5 Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
6 Pellet Envy
7 Boondoggle BBQ

8 Farmboy BBQ
9 Iowa Outlaws BBQ
10 QUAU

Chicken:
1 Big T'z Q Cru
2 QUAU
3 Buster Dog BBQ
4 TheSlabs.com

5 Meadow Valley BBQ
6 Boondoggle BBQ
7 A Boy and His BBQ
8 Iowa Outlaws BBQ
9 Let's Kick Some Ash
10 Pellet Envy

Ribs:
1 Smokehouse 72
2 A Boy and His BBQ
3 Smokin Bandits BBQ
4 Big T'z Q Cru
5 QUAU
6 Vinny's BBQ
7 Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
8 TippyCanoe BBQ Crews
9 Boondoggle BBQ

10 Iowa Outlaws BBQ

Pork:
1 Farmboy BBQ
2 Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
3 Meadow Valley BBQ
4 A Boy and His BBQ
5 Big T'z Q Cru
6 Let's Kick Some Ash
7 Buster Dog BBQ
8 Boondoggle BBQ
9 Pellet Envy

10 FFE

Brisket:
1 Big T'z Q Cru
2 Farmboy BBQ
3 Pellet Envy
4 Iowa Outlaws BBQ
5 Buster Dog BBQ
6 A Boy and His BBQ
7 Let's Kick Some Ash
8 TheSlabs.com
9 FFE
10 Cancersuckschicago.com

Just got back myself. What a great weekend for the Brethren. Perfect weather, it was great to see the old faces and happy to meet up with some new ones!!
I guess we can expect some award winning info from the new chicken king K.C.Bobby, here all this time he prtended he hated el pollo....
All this BBQ weekend did was make me want to do more, well there is always next year.
See you all then.
Ed
ModelMaker

Last edited:
Boondoggle + 6th in Chicken = Major boondoggle!!!! Congrats guys!!! Congrats to every one else as well! You guys who did both comps were sure dialed in!!!!

COngrats guys!! Boondoggle nice work on the chicken :eusa_clap

Thanks Ron. It was a long weekend but the weather was great. Good to see everyone. Great job by Mike and Theresa Lake, the people in Waterloo and Roy in LaPorte. Congrats to all who walked.

It was a great weekend...we had a great time in both places, but man am I beat.

Congrats to all who got calls. Big T'z really has it rolling, keep it going guys.:eusa_clap

Great weekend, good job to all brothers who walked and to Ryan and the Q cue with a RGC and GC. Thanks for seasoning our hair for us guys.

I asked Big Tz if they would consider moving far far away ... but I just got a smile from father and son. Congrats guys - great weekend - enjoy your memories and the Templeton.

Props to Buster Dog - great weekend - and although a non-Brethren team, give some respect to Meadow Valley for a quality win on Saturday.

The Chicken Call
We hope LaPorte has a competition every weekend - our only two chicken calls ever have both come from LaPorte - we might open a chicken stand there ... maybe not. Honestly, we received great info from other teams. Was finally able to add up some info between that and other info that had been provided previously and were able to make some adjustments. Hopefully we'll be able to put them into the routine and get some decent chicken scores on a regular basis.

Great weather - great time. Good to see old freinds again and great to meet some new ones.

I must have been half asleep during my previous post. I didn't thank the various teams that came over to offer some advice to us (brethren and non-brethren). Seriously, we're all trying to outscore each other and the same people I'm going to go head to head against come over to help. You guys are the best!

Then the cheer we heard during the chicken walk - that was cool and appreciated!

A BIG thanks to my friends and fellow competitors

Just like Smokehouse 72 in Marshalltown with their Pork call--you guys are locked in now and ready to rock!

We will look forward to seeing you guys in Nevada!

I'm pretty sure you suggested the New England area!?! WE enjoyed sharing the Templeton's with everyone!! Waterloo/La Porte, especially La Porte was a wonderful venue! Thanks to all who organized both comps! We'll be back again next year! Congrats to everyone who walked and all teams that participated!!! It was a GREAT weekend to be with all!! See Ya round the "Q"!! :icon_cool
Terry "Big T'z":wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember you coming over to take that picture. You have a hidden camera?:roll:

Back