Assassin 48 smoker grill

NashvilleFireNick

Reaction score
I just ordered an assasin 48 smoker grill. I understand this is a grill that can be used as a smoker. I am hoping it can produce good quality que as a smoker since I will be using it 90% of the time smoking low n slow. Does anyone have experience with this cooker as a smoker. I will be using it 4-5x a week for my catering business. Also any idea how many turkeys this cooker can hold at one time?

Thanks BBQ Brethren

I can smoke anything on a Assassin that I can on a stick burner and will come out just as good .

you will need a 72 and cooking turkeys unless your doing spatch cock you will have to remove the top shelf .

I just received my Assassin 48 about a week ago. After reading BBQ Freaks posts and YouTube videos, I determined that was the best bang for the buck. First cook after seasoning went well. It's a very well built grill that can be used as a smoker.

I have a 36 and yes it is a very good smoker, I assume you are getting the V pan? I have the insulated firebox door and run a IQ 120 when I smoke with it. Its not necessary but sure makes it easy. You will be very happy!

How many will fit with the top rack removed? I was hoping to get 8 on it

I dont have experience with these cookers, but for catering, would you be better off using turkey breasts, in order to get more servings for the space?

Back