Picnic Pork shoulder

Roaster

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
What is the best way to cook this piece of meat. It is 7 1/2 pounds. Rubs temps ? :?:

Roaster

1 1/2 hours per pound...225 degrees, any rub you want to use.....also, don't worry to much about time.....just cook till its done, the journey is most of the fun:biggrin:

Shoulder

what my bro said...............................:-D

It is like a Boston butt, but not the same. The picnic shoulder includes more of the upper leg structure and muscles. When pulling or chopping you will notice different colors and textures of the meat. I cook them the same as a butt.

I cook them all the time. I think that they do take a bit longer to cook then butts. I take all the skin off first and make some "crack-lins" with that. I put the skin on with the shoulder and in a few hours--- heart attach helper is ready!

Just watch when you are done and pulling. There are some tougher parts in there that are better chopped. You will feel the differance as soon as you hit a spot.

Mike

I've always left the skin on, but the last ones I cooked I cut some slits in the skin and put some rub in them and they tasted great! I love picnics!

Brian

Back