MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
southerniowasmoker
Found some matches.

Default i am thinking of put on a cook out in November 2013 in southern iowa

i am think about get a event of a KCBS sancation in November of 2013 in southern Iowa so those in need of toy points that can not make all the event in the southern states to have one up here was wondering if there would be any of you would be interested if there was event here in iowa would show
southerniowasmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Fat Freddy
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Fred

Hi Wesley, I will expand on my thoughts on gave on your facebook post regarding this. Iowa gets awful chilly at times in Iowa and many teams only have canopies. Also I have seen numerous Ice and snow storms in late October.

I am not sure what it takes to become sanctioned but have you talked to the KCBS yet about sanctioning? Along those lines are you a member of the Iowa BBQ Society? I know our vice president has mentioned several times he wishes Iowa contest would all get together on their days and stuff. I am sure that wouldnt affect a November contest, but our organization has some very knowledgeable people that I bet would have good ideas

Are you sold on November because of some event or something? I know there are several dates that had contests in the past but didnt this year for one reason or another one was in September.

Those are just a few of my thoughts and other brethren may have better ideas than anything I said. But like I said definitely talk to both the KCBS and IABBQ Society to see what it will take.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
BBQ_Mayor
is One Chatty Farker

We would sure think about coming. Maybe try a back yard event for the first year and see how it goes before moving up to a KCBS event.
I'm on the contest committee for IBS so if you need any information, feel free to PM me.
WSM, Whole Hog Lousianna pellet Smoker
IPT pellet Smoker and Gateway Drum
CBJ #4643
BBQ_Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
southerniowasmoker
Found some matches.

yes i have just finished a small unKcbs and yes i am a member of both KCBS And IBS the fact be that the other morning while i was in the desmoines aera i meant up with BJ Huffman and he is the one that up the bug in my mind about trying to pull one off in November yes i have been in ice and snow in iowa i lived here most my life so far but if you do not mind the rain and wind during thsummer and fall event as far if all you have is a canopies all it takes is buying a 3or 4 blue tarps and some spring camps and you got sides as well as setting up a turkey frier and there is heat i boil water on one all the time and on ebay they have canopieas with sides that are 10 by 15 for less then 300.00 so there are no thing that can not be over come to cook if you love to cook as much as i do i on the other hand have the harder job cause i do not get to cook and that make me upset but i am tring to think of my brother cooker that can not afford to spend the winters south and keep there pointsif you are a true smoker weather is not what u should be wooried about it is who will be there and they think they can beat me hahahaha

Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
southerniowasmoker
Found some matches.

Illinois BBQ Society (ILBBQS) Anyone interested in helping Wesly out, please contact him. We would LOVE to see more contests within our state. :) i love the fact that i have one of the state s around me that is trying to get it poeple to help out

Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
musicmanryann
is One Chatty Farker

As long as the roads are safe and clear, we would be there!
CBJ #50801
6 WSM's
2 Weber Kettles
FEC100
2 Backwoods Fatboy
2 Not-so-Ugly Drum Smokers from Gateway BBQ Store
[URL="http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/Ryannewstrom/Jambo%20--%20The%20Orange%20Monster/"]Jambo -- The Orange Monster[/URL]
[URL="http://www.bigtzbbq.com/#!__main/links"]www.bigtzbbq.com[/URL]
Join our [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=101606657515&ref=ts"]facebook group[/URL]
musicmanryann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
Outnumbered
is Blowin Smoke!

As a Warren Co. native, yep, I'd be in. Good excuse to see the parents and get back up that way. Are you looking at Lacona specifically, or where are you thinking?

As long as the Clones aren't playing at home that weekend, I can even guarantee a few spectators.

When I die, my goal is to have a visible smoke ring when the coroner cuts me open for the autopsy.
Outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
jaestar
Full Fledged Farker

I would be in too.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
musicmanryann
is One Chatty Farker

To be perfectly honest, if you put on a contest that time of year in the midwest, and put up semi-decent money, I can almost guarantee you would get as many teams as you would like. I don't see in-climate weather being a factor. People want to compete-period. Traveling a 1500 miles to Georgia or Florida isn't feasible for a majority. Just my opinion.
CBJ #50801
6 WSM's
2 Weber Kettles
FEC100
2 Backwoods Fatboy
2 Not-so-Ugly Drum Smokers from Gateway BBQ Store
[URL="http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/Ryannewstrom/Jambo%20--%20The%20Orange%20Monster/"]Jambo -- The Orange Monster[/URL]
[URL="http://www.bigtzbbq.com/#!__main/links"]www.bigtzbbq.com[/URL]
Join our [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=101606657515&ref=ts"]facebook group[/URL]
musicmanryann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #10
Smokin' Joe
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanryann View Post
To be perfectly honest, if you put on a contest that time of year in the midwest, and put up semi-decent money, I can almost guarantee you would get as many teams as you would like. I don't see in-climate weather being a factor. People want to compete-period. Traveling a 1500 miles to Georgia or Florida isn't feasible for a majority. Just my opinion.
Agree 100% - get some decent money put together and take care of the cooks needs (power, space, water) and you'll have a full parking lot!

Memphis Pro
Backwoods Fatboy
Backwoods Party
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
southerniowasmoker
Found some matches.

working hard at just need some help with company names to hit up for donations to get the pot big will have 501c3 around march sometime so that should make it easier for donation to happen any suggest would be helpful as well as to see if ibs will help out

Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #12
Outnumbered
is Blowin Smoke!

southern, I just sent a PM re: a potential sponsorship for you,

When I die, my goal is to have a visible smoke ring when the coroner cuts me open for the autopsy.
Outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote