MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #166
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

I could be wrong but I think we are at 16 teams right now and are cutting it off at 25. Keeping the judges even and all that.

Sorry I've been kinda busy with some shop stuff lately, got a new truck, buying a few hundred $K in machines and stuff. YIKES!!

Anyway, anyone who comes in Friday will get to take the late night lake cruise on the big boat we've got for the judges, teams, families, and yeah, even phil if he comes too!

(we are an equal opportunity cruise ship scheduler )

Old 08-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #167
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

We actually have 12 teams with paperwork in and more promising to send it in. We are only counting the teams who have sent in paperwork as enrolled. We are taking the first 25 teams who get their paperwork in.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #168
Black Cat BBQ
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ View Post
has anyone thought about the pot luck on Friday night, who is all coming in on Friday?
stink - we'll be there around 5pmish, I think. Maybe earlier. Tracey sounded like she was trying to talk Jon into comimg this past w/e...maybe you should work on him too??

sounds like a great w/e!!
Black Cat BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #169
widespread
Full Fledged Farker

Hmmmmm... might be a good weekend to be Stinky Black Spread? The newest bbq supergroup?
Can't do Raystown this year. Doing Shrewsbury the week before, can't do back to back in fall. We're way too busy at work. Plus Harrisburg is 2 weeks after that.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:16 AM   #170
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat BBQ View Post
stink - we'll be there around 5pmish, I think. Maybe earlier. Tracey sounded like she was trying to talk Jon into comimg this past w/e...maybe you should work on him too??

sounds like a great w/e!!
I already tried, he wont budge!!! Cant wait for the debut of StinkyBlackSpread, sound like too much fun!!!

Sal
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 AM   #171
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by widespread View Post
Hmmmmm... might be a good weekend to be Stinky Black Spread? The newest bbq supergroup?
Can't do Raystown this year. Doing Shrewsbury the week before, can't do back to back in fall. We're way too busy at work. Plus Harrisburg is 2 weeks after that.
just do it!
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #172
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

come on now...here is an event that is K.C.B.S. sanctioned, is in a great location, has great cooker friendly activities available and...................ITS NOT SOLD OUT YET!!!!!! come on , every one complains about not having enough comps...well here is one comp tring to do everything right.........nice pay outs...super cool awards.........and its a BBQ BRETHREN event... send in that check and lets go!!!

just so you know, there aint one of you mudder cluckers that can beat me (o.k. I suck but come on) lets try and make sure this happens next year...(what are you chicken?)

I hope some of you on the fence join in..

Sal (I am 8 pounders short of the 12 pack I bought)

Old 08-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #173
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks gnome! It's true you know lol!

Has anyone placed an order for the meat package? Does it look like a good deal?
2 packers
2 bone in butts
4 st Louis ribs
12 thighs
all delivered on site
$110

Old 08-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #174
Black Cat BBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Turkey View Post

2 packers
2 bone in butts
4 st Louis ribs
12 thighs
all delivered on site
$110
Not yet, can you send me the info? I know its posted on here somewhere...too lazy to search.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #175
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

We're coming in on Friday too! can't wait!! Who's bring the syrup and butter for the potluck?
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #176
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat BBQ View Post
Not yet, can you send me the info? I know its posted on here somewhere...too lazy to search.
Quote:
Grilling competition, on-site meat delivery to teams:
On site meat delivery for our competitors includes 2 8-9 lb bone in butts, 2 packer briskets, 4 St Louis ribs, 12 pieces of chicken thighs all for $110 delivered Sept 17th! Order now for no extra charge wet aging briskets. Call Brenneman's @ 814-643-2751 to place orders for Barbeque at the Beach competition. They are also supplying 1 lb to each team of 80/20 ground beef for the grilling comp free! Thanks Brenneman's!
No problem. Do you think that looks like a good deal? I really think I'll be getting a few of these to put in my freezer at those prices!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #177
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeBBQueen View Post
We're coming in on Friday too! can't wait!! Who's bring the syrup and butter for the potluck?
doesnt look like very many teams are comming in, we may have to rethink the pot luck idea. Maybe have everyone bring a dish of some sort..

Old 08-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #178
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...52#post1381652

Old 08-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #179
Black Cat BBQ

Quote:
No problem. Do you think that looks like a good deal? I really think I'll be getting a few of these to put in my freezer at those prices!
looks like a great deal to me!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #180
Skip
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:

2 packers
2 bone in butts
4 st Louis ribs
12 thighs
all delivered on site
$110
Weights and grade?

EDIT: i see the 8-9 lbs butts. Will the briskets be 15's? If not can we request for a premium? The prices are on par with RD it seems and you don't need to buy the volume of ribs to get the St. Louis cut. Also don't need to lug it there. Butcher quality at RD prices seems nice.

"you're eating tree RAT, tree RAT, you're eating RAT!" -- landarc
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote