fan vs fan

Anybody want to give their opinion on the pitmaster IQ vs the Guru. Is the difference just in price or performance.:confused:

Auber, Pitmaster IQ 110 and 220, and the BBQ Guru; I would imagine that all four work well in controlling pit temperatures. They are simply tools to assist you in your cooks, human interaction is required to test when the meat is done.

I choose a BBQ Guru Not only because it has both a pit probe and a meat probe for monitoring both temperatures. But also because it has an anticipatory routine in the software program to adjust for the reaction times of your smoker. It will also ramp down your pit temperature as your internal meat temperature comes close to the set temperature to prevent over-cooking and drying out the meat. Sometimes you pay more for the added features built within the units EEProm software.

BBQ Guru DigiQ-2 is a pit temperature controller and a meat temperature monitor with built-in software on the EEprom.

With BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 you can use different size fans and adapters for different cookers. Automatic open pit door detection and the software ramps down pit temperature as internal food temperature is reached.

It's not a matter of price, it's a matter of what will work to fit your needs. Why buy a Corvette if it will never leave the driveway, or why buy a moped to use on the Interstate????

If your only concern is price, go back and do your homework, separate what you need from what you want, and choose accordingly. If you are still not sure, then you don't need either.

Guru is great because if your somewhere and forget a probe or something goes wrong, odds are someone can help you out. Probes are interchangeable as well as fans. The probes feel more substantial than pitmasters probe wires.

I actually only want a pit temperature controller and favor my PartyQ from the BBQ Guru line. It does everything I want with less wires getting tangled everywhere.

Got the PQ and the IQ ...love them both. Price points coupled with performance you can't beat the IQ though. I like that it's all in one piece and i can use a rain box and keep the whole unit fan and all out of the elements. The rain box build cost about 10 bucks to make also.

Back