Bay area brisket price=$100+

Variable price of meat

It is rather amazing the differences in price of beef from one coast to another and one border to another. I get the whole supply/demand distribution thing. What blows my mind is that people will splurge for the high dollar cost of the meat and then use crap non-quality charcoal for fuel. There is no excuse for that. Right now more so than at any of my time on planet earth there is quality all natural hardwood in both lump and briquettes. My favorite right now is Ozark Oak. But I have a full stash of it and others.

The market will be what the market will be. But prep and cook your cut wisely.

Honestly if I lived on the west coast Id make a road trip with the yeti and stock up on briskets in Idaho or Utah.

It is rather amazing the differences in price of beef from one coast to another and one border to another. I get the whole supply/demand distribution thing. What blows my mind is that people will splurge for the high dollar cost of the meat and then use crap non-quality charcoal for fuel. There is no excuse for that. Right now more so than at any of my time on planet earth there is quality all natural hardwood in both lump and briquettes. My favorite right now is Ozark Oak. But I have a full stash of it and others.

The market will be what the market will be. But prep and cook your cut wisely.

Honestly if I lived on the west coast Id make a road trip with the yeti and stock up on briskets in Idaho or Utah.

I'm headed to UT next week. :biggrin1: I go back and forth a lot and I bring some with me time to time. A lot of small family farms up there and obviously great quality meat than what you get from the stores. You hit the nail in the head with the rest too.

As I stated above, live in the heart if the San Francisco Bay Area, and over the past two years, I have had ready access to packer briskets in the 12-15 pound range, for under $3 a pound. I drive 10 minutes, park and grab what I want. No problem. It wouldn't pay to go out of state for $2 a pound brisket

Back