MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:37 AM   #16
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hapgood View Post
An option is to use your favorite glue/adhesive/sealer and make sure it's quick set. Turn on the vac and let it seal the crack for you. I used to do this with suction side HVAC silver solder and pool pumps with silicone caulk. Was not clear on my first post.

But hey, sometimes you just want a new one.

^ +1 - I agree...
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 03-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #17
Cook
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jay

I would suggest an appropriately sized chamber vac. More expensive, yes...but likely the last one you'll ever buy...and higher performance.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:30 PM   #18
Swine Spectator
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : David

Update: I looked at the LEM's, Vac Master's, and Cabela's new "Comercial" series. Then Weston had a sale and I found a coupon for free shipping. I went all-in and ordered the Pro-series 3000.

It arrived yesterday. Damn this thing is heavy. I made 20lbs of sausage today and used the new sealer to make ~ dozen packs.

Wow. I used to think that the Cabelas-branded Weston was a tank. Not so. It pales in comparison. The Pro-series 3000 is much heavier and much quieter. The acrylic lid is super heavy duty and helps in aligning the bags. It cycles smoothly and quietly.

I believe that the Weston will be my "forever sealer".

It is the Cadillac of sealers.

David

- "There's nothing magical about 225°, except waking up earlier and eating later." - DaveAlvarado
- "You talk about burning lots of wood like it’s a bad thing..." - Gimmethecash
Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller!
Swine Spectator is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #19
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congratulations on your new addition.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-22-2019, 08:08 PM   #20
Swine Spectator
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : David

Update: The day I received my Weston, I received an e-mail stating that all sealers were on Sale 20% off for Earth Day. I emailed customer service to see if they would consider applying the discount to my order and they did! I got a $100 credit.

The sale is on through April 27th. If you are considering a Weston, I highly recommend you pull the trigger now:

Earth Day Savings

"In honor of Earth Day, we’re offering 20% off all food dehydrators and vacuum sealers now through April 27th with the code EARTH19 **"

- "There's nothing magical about 225°, except waking up earlier and eating later." - DaveAlvarado
- "You talk about burning lots of wood like it’s a bad thing..." - Gimmethecash
Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller!
Swine Spectator is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->