The Craziness that is Brisket

Mattlsmith

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So this morning I throw my 11 pound brisket on the smoke at 4:30 am. I had the temp hold at 250 degrees but 8 hours later it is showing an internal temp of 200 degrees. However, I probe it and feel the brisket and it is not even close to butter. What the heck is going on? Anyone have any idea what I am dealing with?

I mean I took out the probe and am just going on feel now but I keep checking it every hour.

So this morning I throw my 11 pound brisket on the smoke at 4:30 am. I had the temp hold at 250 degrees but 8 hours later it is showing an internal temp of 200 degrees. However, I probe it and feel the brisket and it is not even close to butter. What the heck is going on? Anyone have any idea what I am dealing with?

I mean I took out the probe and am just going on feel now but I keep checking it every hour.

are you sure your thermo is accurate?

It isn't ready yet. Keep cooking and checking every hour or so, soon it will be butter.

These briskies are crazy cuts man. I think it'll be done soon. I'd keep checking every half hour to 45 minutes.

Back