14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Available Now

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm sure someone else has already posted about this -- but I searched and couldn't find it.

I just found out the 14.5 Weber Smokey Mountain is available. I see it on Amazon for $199 with one stellar review so far.

Has anyone else gotten this smoker yet?

Really hard price point to justify when an OTG is $150 and a mini can be built for a fraction of the cost. That being said, I would love to have one.

I just got a Firecraft catalog in the mail today and saw the 14.5 for the first time.IMO it would be too small. I have a 22" and wish I had more room.

I just got a Firecraft catalog in the mail today and saw the 14.5 for the first time.IMO it would be too small. I have a 22" and wish I had more room.
It's not the size of it but rather how you use it.:biggrin1:

Seriously my mini produces the worlds best chicken...incredible pork butts and everything in between. I'd never buy wsm version but the mini is the a serious grilling and smoking machine.

I'd like to have one to take camping but I'm not going to spend $200 on one.

Some people have no impulse control!

DSC_7672-PP.JPG

DSC_7663-PP.JPG

DSC_7668-PP.JPG

Seen one at the local farm and garden store. The new probe inlet is a cool feature. Every thing looks good about them. Be cool just to have one.

i ordered mine should have it next week:) cant wait up here in canada its 250, still there is no way that smokin machine isnt worth that, my other wsm's cook every bit as good as my backwoods.

I know everyone is loyal to their OT's and WSM's. I'm a WSM guy and the difference is how long do you want your low and slow cook to go? And a water pan. I can maintain 16 hours without reloading coal @ 250*F at grill steady on my 18.5 when it's around 65-70*F OAT. My Friends with OT's love them but for long cooks have to add more coal. Nothing wrong with that. I think the 14.5 would be a pork butt cookin' machine.

It is a very cool little device that, IMO, would be great to take camping. I do know that Harry Soo (Slap yo Daddy BBQ) bought one for his fiancé (Butcher's Daughter BBQ) because I made a special BBQ handle for her. I haven't cooked on one but maybe someday..... :)

Gonna wait to get one off Craigslist once people realize they can't fit ribs flat on the grate:wink:

Seriously, love my WSM, Mini and Cajun Bandit conversion but just can't justify picking up a 14.5" at this time...

Justified ???? Repeat after me

If you can't eat it, shoot it or drive it then you don't need it.

If you want it, it's justified. Sort of.

I originally bought a 18 1/2" WSM. After a year, I realized I needed more room, so I bought a 22 1/2" WSM.

I also have a 22 1/2" and 26 3/4" OTGs. OTGs are chicken cooking machines.

The 14 1/2" WSM is cool, but with my arsenal of cookers, I can't see the need for one.

That being said, I will probably buy one, just because. :p

Looks like an awesome Smoker for 2 people. Husband and Wife on a holiday with a caravan. You have a WGA and / or a Mini WSM. You can do some really nice links, some half racks of ribs or a rack of lamb and a tri tip or two... Never mind a few pork chops and any kind of chicken. I'm thinking you wont need a lot of fuel either.

I'll get one if I can.

Cheers!

Bill

Back