Porch trailer with living quarters?

DR

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Does anyone have or have seen a competition porch trailer that has living quarters (bed, shower, toilet)?

Does anyone have or have seen a competition porch trailer that has living quarters (bed, shower, toilet)?

I don't have one, but I've seen lots of them. Check out Southern Dimensions trailers or Southern Q smokers (he also builds trailers). I don't have any pics, but the best one I've seen had the bedroom/bathroom in the V, with a bench that wrapped around the bathroom, and a bunk in the V with storage underneath the bunk. There was a wall with a pocket door separating that from the kitchen, and then the porch on the back.

Yep, there are quite a few out there. Southern Dimensions has one that was originally designed for Rich Parker with the IBQ'n@theBBQSuperstore.com team. Work and play also offered their Cook and play model, but I don't think it is currently offered. There are some available out there if you look.

• Thanks
Reactions: DR
Others have already said it, but reach out to Scott Smith with Southern Q Smokers and Trailers. I saw an amazing set up there on Sunday with bedroom with sleeping for 4 and bathroom, full kitchen, and porch. It was set up in a way to be legal for vending. It was a perfect set up.

• Thanks
I slept in the one Scott is currently using at Lyons - I believe it is for sale.

Beth brings up a good point: if you are planning to vend or cater, the health department typically requires the living area to be separate from the food prep area. This means you must have sinks in both sections. Definitely check your local regs before you purchase!

We converted my 38' featherlite race trailer to a porch trailer, 8'porch,10' prep area,14' living quarters with toilet/shower combo. We were sleeping on cots and rolling smokers out on tailgate, best thing we ever did.

• Thanks
There are numerous dealers for Freedom that basically handle the paperwork. Freedom will pretty much build anything you want. I've done several through them.

• Thanks
I built what I wanted, I took an nice old aluminum toy hauler and redid the inside with a bathroom, bunk beds and a 7' by 8' kitchen area and cut out the back for the porch. If i could do it all over again, I would lol. I have about 12-13K into my setup plus cookers.

• Thanks
Back