North Texas Brethren Bash, Saturday Oct 18th - Lake Ray Roberts Isle du Bois State Park

It looks like a great day! All of the food looks great, but those beef ribs looked fantastic!

I hope the coffee got the day started right for you all!

It looks like a great day! All of the food looks great, but those beef ribs looked fantastic!

I hope the coffee got the day started right for you all!

The coffee was fantastic. I drank about six cups of it throughout the day.

Looks like a really good time and awesome food Those beef ribs look like they were a killer and I have always been a big fan of pecan pie Like Dan said some name of people in that pic would be Great Thanks for sharring

Ron, we went through about 50+ brewed "cups" I think! It was pretty dang good!!!

F1BDF005-1BE8-46EB-A9BC-7FF1AC270C89.jpg

Left to right:

Bill's girlfriend, Bill-Chicago, sliding_billy, Dabaras, frognot, my FIL (not a brethren), LEGENDS BBQ, MrTodd777, MrTodd777's wife is hiding behind me, then me.

Some are not pictured in this shot.

It was s Good Time and Good Eats! Hope Chicago-Bill thinks it was worth the trip. thanks to everyone who came out and cooked :clap2:

Did you catch any fish, Kevin?

Thanks for the names wiyh the Pic
No problem.

Since I was posting while at the bash, I didn't add any names of folks or food. If anyone has any questions, post the pic and we can tell who or what it is...

I did learn something yesterday ----- I learned I like ABTs but they don't like me!

All the food rocked... learned though that the cream cheese filling killed me ... gallbladder removal has its draw backs lol ... im still full a day later!

Great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. We had a great turnout, excellent weather and incredible food. Hard to pick favorites when everything was so good. Dave's beef ribs, Todd's venison/wild pig sausage and peep's smoked bourbon pecan pies were all outstanding.

Great to finally meet Bill (he's taller and hairier than his avatar) and wish he could have stayed longer to work on his "fixin' to get learned to talk Texan" lessons. Hope to have him and Joann revisit the Lone Star State in the future. He did get to see "briskets on the hoof" in their native habitat.

Thanks to our generous vendors for the great door prizes!

Really enjoyed the pix y'all! Looks like a great time and Ihope to either join y'all one day or have y'all out here - or both!

And I would say to anybody who wonders if going to/putting together a Bash is worth the time and effort, the answer is a resounding yes! Do it!

Oh man. What a bash! One of these days I may have to make the trip, you guys do it up right. Looks like a great time!

Had one heck of a great time in Texas yesterday!

Really enjoyed spending time with all y'all (how was that Charles?)

The food, the hospitality, the people.... all of it really hit the spot and was just what was needed.

Big thanks to Frognot for the airport run. Felt bad taking him away from the festivities and all, but certainly enjoyed the extra couple hours spent traveling with him.

So here is where I leave someone out/screw up a name versus forum name, but certainly not intentionally. Besides Frognot, it was also great meeting Dave Alvarado and his wife (possibly a kid or two, there were quite a few running here and there) guy knows how to cook and arranged for some great parting gifts. Dinosaur ribs were fantastic. Sliding Billy/Chris, love the Philly (?) accent transplanted to TX. The traveling pellet cooker was really cranking out the good stuff!. Smitty Jonz/Kevin, it was nice meeting you and loved the meatloaf. MrTodd and wife, great to meet you both, brought a bit of youth to the group! The wild boar/venison sausage treats were outstanding. Legends Jeff, friend Shannon (or was it Shane) then his/their wives/kids, it was great meeting you all too. The Sausage/Cheese/Potato/Bacon loaf/fatty was phenomenal. Dabaras, didnt really get to talk to you till the end, but certainly enjoyed it. Congrats on the weight loss bro! With the periodic table shirt and the black jacket, it was like you were the scientist of smokology. GMDGeek, I just had your name on the tip of my tongue. Eric? Ugh, it was nice meeting you and unfortunately didnt get to talk to you about any scuba stuff which we are interested in. How did we not get the Filipina's together to talk is beyond me (Jo and your wife). Just ran out of time.

I think I got everyone, everyone cept for peeps that is. Peeps, it was great to get to meet you, your wife, and little Tyler. All of you were great fun and we really enjoyed talking to you all. Peeps even was looking out for me on another front, and that was certainly kind of you. I do have a question for you? What the heck is your FIL's name? He was laughing and carrying on with us so much, we just couldn't recall it. We kept calling him Sam, because we don't think we ever got his real name from him. What a character.

I've got just a couple phone shots of the day, but I'll post them when I can.

Thank you again y'all! For the cost of a concert ticket, we have a memory that will last for quite a while!

No worries Bill ... first name is Gerry and as for the Filipina ladies I'm not sure. My wife kept asking and kept telling her to just go ask. She is a bit shy. Was awesome fun. I didn't get to chat with everyone as much as I'd like to have. I honestly wished we would have gotten there earlier that morning. Still the food rocked and the new friendships are priceless.

Had one heck of a great time in Texas yesterday!

Really enjoyed spending time with all y'all (how was that Charles?)

The food, the hospitality, the people.... all of it really hit the spot and was just what was needed.

Big thanks to Frognot for the airport run. Felt bad taking him away from the festivities and all, but certainly enjoyed the extra couple hours spent traveling with him.

So here is where I leave someone out/screw up a name versus forum name, but certainly not intentionally. Besides Frognot, it was also great meeting Dave Alvarado and his wife (possibly a kid or two, there were quite a few running here and there) guy knows how to cook and arranged for some great parting gifts. Dinosaur ribs were fantastic. Sliding Billy/Chris, love the Philly (?) accent transplanted to TX. The traveling pellet cooker was really cranking out the good stuff!. Smitty Jonz/Kevin, it was nice meeting you and loved the meatloaf. MrTodd and wife, great to meet you both, brought a bit of youth to the group! The wild boar/venison sausage treats were outstanding. Legends Jeff, friend Shannon (or was it Shane) then his/their wives/kids, it was great meeting you all too. The Sausage/Cheese/Potato/Bacon loaf/fatty was phenomenal. Dabaras, didnt really get to talk to you till the end, but certainly enjoyed it. Congrats on the weight loss bro! With the periodic table shirt and the black jacket, it was like you were the scientist of smokology. GMDGeek, I just had your name on the tip of my tongue. Eric? Ugh, it was nice meeting you and unfortunately didnt get to talk to you about any scuba stuff which we are interested in. How did we not get the Filipina's together to talk is beyond me (Jo and your wife). Just ran out of time.

I think I got everyone, everyone cept for peeps that is. Peeps, it was great to get to meet you, your wife, and little Tyler. All of you were great fun and we really enjoyed talking to you all. Peeps even was looking out for me on another front, and that was certainly kind of you. I do have a question for you? What the heck is your FIL's name? He was laughing and carrying on with us so much, we just couldn't recall it. We kept calling him Sam, because we don't think we ever got his real name from him. What a character.

I've got just a couple phone shots of the day, but I'll post them when I can.

Thank you again y'all! For the cost of a concert ticket, we have a memory that will last for quite a while!

Looks like you guy rocked it! Meeting and eating with fellow brethren at a bash is a fantastic way to spend a day. It is SOOOO worth it. :thumb:

Bill, my FIL's name is Jeff....he had a great time hanging and visiting with you guys!

Glad you could make it down and get to meet some of us farkers and for us to meet you and Jo!

Back