MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Okie Sawbones
Banned

Default Call out for Season 5 BBQ Pitmasters

Pitmasters… start your fires for Season Five of Destination America’s hit series, BBQ Pitmasters!

Once again, Destination America/Original Media is putting out the call to smokers from America’s legendary BBQ cities! Pitmasters with wild personalities and unbeatable skills at the smoker in the states of Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, North Carolina, and Georgia* are challenged to duke it out for a chance at a $50,000 Grand Prize and bragging rights as the undisputed Season Five BBQ Pitmasters Grand Champion!
*If you’re not from one of the regions listed, never fear! Throw your hat in for the Wild Card Episode- open to Pitmasters from all over the states!

VIDEO SUBMISSIONS:
  • Interested Pitmasters and their team should prepare a high energy, entertaining, and impressive video showing off your competitive, zestful, in-it-to-win-it personalities- we want to know why you’re the Pitmaster to beat!
  • We especially want to know why the ‘Que you’re cooking up is the best in YOUR region. For example, if you are in Georgia, tell us what “Georgia BBQ” is supposed to be and how you smoke up the best!
  • Upload your video and send the link to [email protected] with TEAM NAME – LEAD PITMASTER LAST NAME – CITY as the subject line (ex: HOTPANTS SMOKERS – JOHNSON – AUSTIN TX).
  • Be sure to provide a good contact phone number in the email, as well as a picture of you and your teammate.
  • If your video convinces us that you are going to go all the way, we will contact you with the next steps!
The final deadline for video submissions is January 10th, 2014, so don’t waste any time!

Original Media
C/O BBQ Pitmasters
Attn Brian Small
175 Varick St, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10014

Cooking BBQ since 1971, seriously cooking BBQ since 1996, when I read Smoke and Spice.
Okie Sawbones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

Which is more important the "wild personalities" or the ability to actually cook bbq? Just curious
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
Okie Sawbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Q View Post
Which is more important the "wild personalities" or the ability to actually cook bbq? Just curious
Ratings...
Cooking BBQ since 1971, seriously cooking BBQ since 1996, when I read Smoke and Spice.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
stepheneleven
Full Fledged Farker

I just bought season 5 on itunes, what gives?

Old 12-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
wjwheeler
Full Fledged Farker

"a high energy, entertaining, and impressive video showing off your competitive, zestful, in-it-to-win-it personalities- we want to know why you’re the Pitmaster to beat!"
Based on some of the competitors in the past, I would say that you need to be all of the above for sure. If you can cook, that would be even better!
MMS Vulcan V33 Gravity Feed with Stoker
Myron Mixon 72XC - Sold
Jumbo J3 - Sold
Jacks Old South Original Patio Smoker
Myron Mixon Pitmaster Q3 36" Barrell & 24" Square
wjwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

If y'all want Ratings come to North Louisiana! Yes we have some good BBQ here too. ;D
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I guess people like Rod Gray, David Bouska, Jamie Greer, Stump McDowell, TrueBud BBQ team, and many others are known for their "wild personalities" over their ability to cook.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
floydo
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepheneleven View Post
I just bought season 5 on itunes, what gives?

must be season 6

here's 5:

http://www.amazon.com/When-Pigs-Fly/...bbq+pitmasters
floydo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
71-South
is One Chatty Farker

What about Screech, err.... Stretch?

Yoder YS640 / UDS / Mini WSM
---
Hackers -n- Hogs Competition BBQ Team
Harrisonville/Lee's Summit, Missouri
Grip it. Rip it. Let the big hog eat!
71-South is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aawa View Post
I guess people like Rod Gray, David Bouska, Jamie Greer, Stump McDowell, TrueBud BBQ team, and many others are known for their "wild personalities" over their ability to cook.
I absolutely did not say that and take exception to you implying that I did. I personally know several of the individuals you mentioned and have nothing but respect for them.
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
Okie Sawbones
Banned

Quote:
I absolutely did not say that and take exception to you implying that I did. I personally know several of the individuals you mentioned and have nothing but respect for them.
I think aawa was meaning that Rod is not exactly what you would call a 'wild personality' like that dude that beat his smoker and shot the judges the bird. Rod is pretty reserved. He sure as hell can cook.