Co-Workers Home Made Smoker Makes Pizza Less Attractive

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
frzXL6E.jpg

A welding foreman at one of my customer's shops has been putting together a smoker for a few months and once it was finished he tried to sneak it home... I convinced him we needed to christen it by throwing a lunch for the crew... pork loin roasts, brats, BBQ beans which were served with potato salad, chips and the like.

OJ8jAr1.jpg

KFEm3pQ.jpg

Then a few days later we smoked some fatties for morning break, then some salmon, then the following week a turkey. He finally took it home last week. Today was some sort of 6 month safety atta-boy lunch and the company bought pizza & wings, which is usually a pretty big hit. About 5 minutes into it some of the guys came over and said "We'd trade this #@%!* pizza in a heartbeat for some more of that barbecue you guys cooked". :mrgreen:

Here is the progress of the build. This unit turned out pretty good, mostly because it's roomy, has a big charcoal basket, heavy wall firebox, it's double walled, and has 2" of very expensive insulation. The temp swing is less than 5° between the shelves.

czClgH6.jpg

GKddm9I.jpg

ct4qQ6m.jpg

goeiXuX.jpg

He's already making plans for another one.

That thing started out pretty ugly but dressed up nice!:p

Nice work turning that into a good looking cooker!

Looks quite large, did it weigh much?

It sure is nice

It's not portable :mrgreen:. I'm sure it comes in around 1,000 pounds. They loaded it on a trailer with a forklift, and he was going to use 4-wheeler ramps to off-load it.

Yea, I thought those handles on the cart were a bit of wishfull thinking. I'd go ahead and turn those into a shelf. It did turn out really neat, sure it will cook some great Q.

Back