• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

pos vending system

BigBellyBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Folks, any research on a pos system for on the road vending? With 110 power requirments which are not always reliable (inverter posible) however which ones will work with out the high cost of a restuarant system? I would like to find a 12 volt system ...but google search not many options..so pos with a card reader run through inverter / battery / charger seems the way, but any ideas??

Folks, any research on a pos system for on the road vending? With 110 power requirments which are not always reliable (inverter posible) however which ones will work with out the high cost of a restuarant system? I would like to find a 12 volt system ...but google search not many options..so pos with a card reader run through inverter / battery / charger seems the way, but any ideas??

iPad with SquareUp?

would ipod (I am not up to speed on gagets) work as a cash drawer and records of items sold / sales tax as a point of sale system? Sams club has a card reader like the square, but at the end of day need the z tape, so I want to update to a faster system...

would ipod (I am not up to speed on gagets) work as a cash drawer and records of items sold / sales tax as a point of sale system? Sams club has a card reader like the square, but at the end of day need the z tape, so I want to update to a faster system...

Yes the iPad will act as a cash drawer. My friends used it last year at farmer's markets and vending at RAGBAI. You do have to set it up, but that is very easy. It will give you totals of what you sold that day by each item. They did have a problem at RAGBRAI with cell service. There were more than 30,000 people at this event.

Yes the iPad will act as a cash drawer. My friends used it last year at farmer's markets and vending at RAGBAI. You do have to set it up, but that is very easy. It will give you totals of what you sold that day by each item. They did have a problem at RAGBRAI with cell service. There were more than 30,000 people at this event.

I've served RAGBRAI the last three years, and this will be year four. It is a huge event. People are in a big hurry and the quicker you can move the line the better. Did they have any problem with the amount of time in using the Ipad as a cash drawer? Does it even take more time?

Thanks

Mark

The problem was keeping a connection. The info from sales was having a problem saving to where ever it goes. It worked well as a POS system. The were keeping up with me. Actually it probably took less time. You create a button for each item and the price automatically brings up the price. You don't have to have a price list in front of you or look up prices.

I have iPad with square and the cell card in the iPad never an issue love the app you can program the sales tax and everything like Pyle said you can take a pic with iPad and use the pic when omeone orders the item price already programmed I highly recommend it. The only downfall is printers

printer

I have iPad with square and the cell card in the iPad never an issue love the app you can program the sales tax and everything like Pyle said you can take a pic with iPad and use the pic when omeone orders the item price already programmed I highly recommend it. The only downfall is printers
anyone have ideas on getting printer for this? simple sales tic?

Looking at the square site, there is a way to get a physical copy of a receipt. The other options are to send as a text or email.

Ya I saw that after I posted....

I am thinking a cash box and a PayPal card scanner for vending.

pay pal scanner? I will have to research that..I was thinking the system I posted earlier , they have basic pos program, cash box, receipt printer, bar code scannerfor 299, they put basic menuu program in for you.... and the square for a card reader....

Defiantly ipad, iPhone, with square

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

can you build the menu and use the square as a pos ?
still working on this, as the cost of an ipad versus a laptop,
I wish I could understand this easier as I am a toolmaker first, welder, prof race engine builder, bbq chef...and this tech stuff is way down there..I dont even text mail....however I can cook brisket / ribs / pork with out a thermometer!
I picked up a galaxy, however that uses android, so it will have to go back...so if the square can act as a pos maybe that is the way
so mANY systems out there they use cloud and that has a monthly service charge, and doing only a few events a year I have to have a basic system that will speed up the line, keep track of items and cash drawer..

Back