MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 AM   #46
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

I heard a question was asked. So I'm here to remind everyone of the answer...

"The voters decide".
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 03-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #47
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Ok cleaning out the Griswald!

Woohoo!
Look at Derek pulling out the big guns!! That's a nice looking DO! The stew looks fantastic!!!!
As for pigs feet..........you are killing Derek. They make for some GOOD eats. Most times I try to smoke them first, then they go into a pot of beans. They are definitely an aquired taste, but I love em.

Another way to make em is DEEP FRIED! They need to be cut in half lengthwise to do this, but many of the Mom and Pop Mercados here sell em that way. Whole different taste and crunch, but still good stuff!
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:14 AM   #48
BobBrisket

Quote:
Can I throw the pigs feet on the forman grill for 4-8 minutes to get the grill marks and still be eligible to enter the contest?
I think maybe if you tossed em on the gas grill, charcoal grill, or even the smoker then that would help the dish qualify a bit more. Otherwise, I think it's good as is.

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:21 AM   #49
Derek
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
Look at Derek pulling out the big guns!! That's a nice looking DO! The stew looks fantastic!!!!
As for pigs feet..........you are killing Derek. They make for some GOOD eats. Most times I try to smoke them first, then they go into a pot of beans. They are definitely an aquired taste, but I love em.

Another way to make em is DEEP FRIED! They need to be cut in half lengthwise to do this, but many of the Mom and Pop Mercados here sell em that way. Whole different taste and crunch, but still good stuff!
I had them before with my X faience and her family long time ago, They baked them in an oven with braising type juice, onions, beans, corn bread!

And they were smoken good from what I can remember! ( I forgot the cutting Crap! )

Quote:
I think maybe if you tossed em on the gas grill, charcoal grill, or even the smoker then that would help the dish qualify a bit more. Otherwise, I think it's good as is.

Bob
Will do that tonight! Thanks guys!
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #50
Bacchus
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Hmmm, still cool enough here to cook by the fire. Got a ziplock full of pulled pork, some Hatch green chile in the deep freeze, taters, onions, garlic, cilantro plant in the back yard needs a good trimming and the fresh chives in the front need to some trimming too.............then maybe use some of the yellow japs form last year's garden that are in the freeze too.................Hmmmmm, what the heck could I possible come up with? Bwaaahhhhahahhhhahhaa!
I can't resist an opportunity to get the DO going!

Bob

Course the Lodge Sportsman grill hasn't seen any action in a LONG time and those CI grates on it make for some killer freaking burgers...........Decisions, decisions!

Here's some Fluffer pron.........Not entry pics.

Lodge Sportsman
or the DO

Help a Brother decide.......
bob, I love the fire pit with D.O. rack. Is the rack removable? Do you have another pic without your crotch?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #51
BobBrisket

Ron,

I built that pit and the crossbar assembly a little over three years ago. The uprights are just driven into the ground, but the cross bar is removable. Matter of fact just gave em a fresh coat of paint yesterday in preparation for my entry.
As for the crotchless...........pic, well, lemme see what I have. Personally, I like that pic..........it offers the whole package...........(did I just say that?)

I'm sure there are a few crotchless one's out there.

Bob

Crotch Free.......but there is a little leg and outter thigh. Just warning you. And I'm exposing my can too.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ight=texas+red

Last edited by BobBrisket; 03-29-2010 at 11:14 AM..
Old 03-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #52
bigabyte

Is that a longneck Bob?
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #53
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Is that a longneck Bob?
Why, yes, it is............but it does have a coozie on it, so it's not exactly FULLY exposed.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #54
bigabyte

I like putting a good longneck in a coozie too. Good call.

Duh.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #55
Derek
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Why, yes, it is............but it does have a coozie on it, so it's not exactly FULLY exposed.
How much did it take you to build your pit? Money wise?

You don't have to reveal the price if you don't wish too!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #56
BobBrisket

Quote:
How much did it take you to build your pit? Money wise?

You don't have to reveal the price if you don't wish too!
Not at all. Well, the most costly parts were the crossbar, steel hooks, etc and the rock that's on the face of the pit. I bought two different types and they were considered a "specialty" type as far as rocks go. I have no idea why, but I bought em for the color and because of their long, "brick" type shape. The total price for the rock was probably, 100 bucks. The hooks, cross pipe, probably 30. The interior red brick is just plain brick my dad had leftover (free), the uprights/pipe my dad had laying around, (free), horseshoes.....probably a couple bucks. Rebar that I laid in the foundation....(free) I had that laying around. From there, I went through about 3-4 bags of cement (I used the good stuff and did not mix it with more sand so that it weathers better), I did the welding (free), a few tools that I did not have already like a trowel, some mixing buckets, masonry hammer.
I used quite a bit of cement because there is a 2-3 inch gap in between the brick and rock that is straight up cement. I wanted it to be solid. So far, it has held up pretty good. I do apply a few coats of sealer every year and that helps water proof it and such, plus keeps the rock looking nice too.

All in all, I need to figure in Beer too, I probably made it for about 300-350. Course my labor was free too. From beginning to end, welding, applying one course then letting dry, etc. Probably took about 3 weeks, but I wasn't in a rush, and worked on it when I had some time, mostly on weekends, so in reality more like 3 weekends or so.

Bob
Old 03-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #57
Boat-n-BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Bob,

Very cool CI equiped pit! I need to make one of those..

2 Bubba Keg Convection Grills
4 Big Steel Kegs
w/BBQGuru DigiQ's
KCBS/CBJ
Boat-n-BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #58
Derek
is Blowin Smoke!

Thank you Bob, The beer has better be Labatts Azul :P ( blue )
Old 03-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #59
Derek
is Blowin Smoke!

Ok The smoker is set for 225, and its warming up!

Here's a couple of pictures that's shows I've put a light dusting of bbq sauce on them and I'll have them for a side dish

Old 03-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #60
Derek
is Blowin Smoke!

Oh yeah I left one foot in the stew to make it qualify as a stew :P