You're All Invited to The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-27-2018

Went for my last treatment in latest series of cancer treatment and they wouldn't do it today because of an infection. Started on antibiotics and treatment scheduled for next Friday. So I won't be attending the bash next week. Really bummed about this and can't even drown my sorrows because of the antibiotics.

You will be missed Charles.

I'm a procrastinator, I guess I should probably start looking for some hotel rooms. :shock:

What are these Kolache things I've been reading about?!?! Sounds like something right up my alley. May have to find some and bring to breakfast on Saturday.

Do I need to bring Bloody Fixin's? After all, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

If you’re coming 35 south, stop at slovacek’s in West for some kolaches. They have pretty good sausage too.

It’s a yes for me on the Bloody Fixins.

If you’re coming 35 south, stop at slovacek’s in West for some kolaches. They have pretty good sausage too.

If you stop in West, please pick up a dozen jalapeno sausage kolaches. I'll reimburse you. Y'all can dig into them before I get there, if you'll just save my buddy and I one.

Hey Charles, I am praying for you. Is it okay if I add you to the prayers of the church?

West is about 50 miles north of Belton on 35, coming from Austin that would be slightly out of the way #justsayin
Kolache Kitchen in Temple makes good kolaches, at least they used to

Larry

Last edited:
What are these Kolache things I've been reading about?!?!

They're confusing because people persist in using the wrong word for 'em. People are actually talking about a klobasniky, which is a sausage baked in a bun, but they call them a kolache. Real Kolaches here are just like the same you get in Chicago. Well, they might be better, being Texan and all. :wink:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/not-sweet-not-kolache-klobasnek/

Being of Polish heritage, if it's got a sausage in it, it's a ding-dang klobasniky, not a kolache! :-D

Oh and Slovacek’s in West definitely has some good ones.

They're confusing because people persist in using the wrong word for 'em. People are actually talking about a klobasniky, which is a sausage baked in a bun, but they call them a kolache. Real Kolaches here are just like the same you get in Chicago. Well, they might be better, being Texan and all. :wink:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/not-sweet-not-kolache-klobasnek/

Being of Polish heritage, if it's got a sausage in it, it's a ding-dang klobasniky, not a kolache! :-D

Oh and Slovacek’s in West definitely has some good ones.

I call'em good personally :mrgreen:, mangled descriptions, naming, and all.

https://texashillcountry.com/difference-kolache-klobasniky/

Shelly and I are excited with the who's who list of Brethren attending the 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash this year!
Both Paul and I are very grateful that those of you coming in from other states have decided to spend time with us here in The Great State of Texas.
If we can help you guys with your visit and or stay please let us know. If you need something due to traveling on a boat, bus, ferry, wagon, motorcycle or plane just ask and we will try to rustle some up. I'll be loading up the pickup on Thursday so please be quick to reply!!
Safe travels to everyone. :mrgreen:

West is about 50 miles north of Belton on 35, coming from Austin that would be slightly out of the way #justsayin
Kolache Kitchen in Temple makes good kolaches, at least they used to

Yep, coming up from Austin, so won't be going up to West. I did see Little Bohemian Bakery in Belton, looks like it's right on the way to the Bash.

Gates have a padlock. I guess they will open it for us? We are not pulling the fence out as they replaced the posts recently. Ground is solid except right around the pavilion where water collects. Just a tad bit muddy. Big ruts and mud where we pull the trailers thru.
faba3f575bba2d7eb7b404a475d4b8b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gates have a padlock. I guess they will open it for us? We are not pulling the fence out as they replaced the posts recently. Ground is solid except right around the pavilion where water collects. Just a tad bit muddy. Big ruts and mud where we pull the trailers thru.
faba3f575bba2d7eb7b404a475d4b8b2.jpg

Who is they? :confused:

Who is they? :confused:
Park employees. But i called and they said no vehicles allowed due to rain and mud. We can fit the shirley's and Boom-shuka-luka thru the little front gate by hand but it will take 3 people. They said if we can push it then it is ok.

I would think it should be dried out by Saturday. :mrgreen:

Back