Dove In

I have one on order just like it. I had the back enclosed with flip up doors. Fitting it with an Ole Hickory CTO. What size truck are you pulling it with?

Toyota Tundra or my partners GMC Denali 4 x4 truck.

Did you get that Ole Hickory out of Huntsville or order new? I think he told me it went up your way.

Good luck out there!

Toyota Tundra or my partners GMC Denali 4 x4 truck.

Did you get that Ole Hickory out of Huntsville or order new? I think he told me it went up your way.

Good luck out there!

I have a Tundra 4x4, was worried it might not be big enough to pull it. I bought the Ole Hickory CTO from a BBQ restaurant in Bowie, Tx that went out of business. Gave $3000.00 for it. Excellent shape.

Last edited:
6 weeks of submitting resumes and kissing up to corporate America netted me nothing so...

I'm entering the arena of slinging meat for a living. Coming to a corner near someone, somewhere in Texas is

I'm probably going to create a blog to chronicle this, some would say, foolishness. I'll post it here when I do.

Once upon a time, in Airborne School, I stood in the door waiting for the green light. I had no idea if any of the crap they told me or the equipment was going to work but at that point I was committed. Same feeling in my stomach now.

More to follow....

Just saw this Wes...good luck with your new venture. Save a weekend early in the year to cook a contest with Jeff and I!!

Good luck brother! Feet and knees together, count, check canopy and gain canopy control!

Ain't no controlling this canopy I fear....

Update - spending more money then you budget for is not a lie... working harder than you thought you would is not a lie.. making less than you have before is not a lie... But we continue to march. We have operated in the black every night out, covering COGs and putting some in the bank. The large purchase of the trailer and the pits notwithstanding.

Still looking for a place to be a BBQ trailer people can find, but land / rent is expensive so for now we operate like a food truck. We sit wherever folks will have us and sell what we can. Not ideal, not what I had in mind but it's early in the game.

Some pics for your viewing pleasure.

one of our spots, nice Htown view in the background.

Nightime shot

Another one of our spots. Sold out completely this night, our 3rd night out.

Same locations just looking from the stadium towards downtown.

Someone asked for an inside pic, this was after the sell out.

Still waiting for the pits to be completed so we had to improvise for a private event. An oil company had purchased and slaughtered a cow during the rodeo so we cooked up 20 pounds of ground beef, both briskets and 16lbs of boneless short ribs for their party.

And the Jack Daniels girls like the home made Mac and Cheese!

Still waiting for the pits to be completed so we had to improvise for a private event. An oil company had purchased and slaughtered a cow during the rodeo so we cooked up 20 pounds of ground beef, both briskets and 16lbs of boneless short ribs for their party.

Did you enjoy the fresh beef? I was under the impression that freshly slaughtered beef had a metallic flavor as the beefiness comes with aging.

Awesome to get to see and follow along with your venture. You were one of the first people I met at my inaugural BBQ competition, and a hell of a nice guy. I wish you great success, and hope to be by to try some que one day.

Tim - Whiskey Wasted Bar-B-Que

One Texan to another. Best of luck with the new business. You look like your doing it right! Keep it up and they will keep lining up for the good stuff. Nice job!!!

Back