BBQ Brethren "I'd never eat that! (Innards)" Throwdown

I am now officially unhappy with Brisket Bob's choice for this throwdown. It is only a matter of time before tacos de sesos show up.

I am now officially unhappy with Brisket Bob's choice for this throwdown. It is only a matter of time before tacos de sesos show up.

LMAO!!! We still have until Sunday............sesos just might show up!!! Besides, sesos look just like scrammbled eggs and pretty much taste the same too.:twisted:

For the record...sesos are brain food!:shock:

Looking for a suffrite(?) recipe. Liver, Heart, and Lung all go in. Anyone ever hear of it?

I googled around a bit and found some mentions of "sufrite" which is a spicy tomato based dish with liver, heart and lungs in it. Not all that many hits though and no actual recipes.

Growing up as a kid, back in the 60's, my mom's treat was scrambled squirrel brains. I was never around for that meal but she sure loved it! Wish I knew now how important that would have been to fix for your mom. But today...ain't gonna do it! Or, I could do it and send it to BobBrisket to sample. LOL Love ya brother!

How about some smoked Haggis?

Well, that's the first thing that's sounded good to me so far. I don't think I'm prepared to make it from scratch though. You can buy haggis at the Costcos in Scotland and they're not bad. I don't know what the custom's officers would say about me sneaking a haggis into the country to compete in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown. I could just tell them "Bob sent me."

Hmmmm, some tacos de buche would be freaking killer this weekend too!!

Bwwwahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahh!!:twisted:

Looking for a suffrite(?) recipe. Liver, Heart, and Lung all go in. Anyone ever hear of it?

If that is Pork liver, hearts and lungs then it was one of my Grandmother's favorite recipes she called Liver and Lights. She always had them saved when they slaughtered hogs and then cooked them down in a spicy stew with chunks of cayenne peppers floating around in it. Awesome stuff. Can't make it anymore in Ark or La because the health dept won't allow the heart and lungs to be sold. Seems like there was another part in there too. Maybe pancreas?

Squirrel brains were another Arkie tradition. My sister and I would fight over who got the squirrel heads. Crack em open and eat the brains and little tongues:biggrin: Cool chit when your a 12 year old:-D

Last edited:
I have a feeling this is going to be one of those threads where the "oooh, I'd hit that for sure" comments will be more sparse than usual. Those tacos sure looked good though, I have to admit. After learning what it was...well, just give me one without me knowing I guess. If I ask, shoot me.

A squirrel walks up to a tree and says i didnt collect my nuts for the winter so the squirrel died. Its funny because the squirrel is dead.

I don't know how I never noticed that before but that is farking hilarious. As I'm posting this I'm calling a buddy to tell him.

So you gonna enter some gizzards?

I like them fried and I am off the fried stuff for a bit. Trying to get into speedos by summer :twisted:

*looking for the Oxy Clean Brain Scrub*

Must get picture out of head!!

Bad...very...very...bad...visual...:eek::eek::eek:...:lol::lol::lol:

Hey...where's all the Southern boys...:?:...not one mention of chitlin's...:roll: Personally I don't care much for 'em...they're a pain in the arse to clean and it takes forever to get a mess of them to cook. :wink: Then again...I've never had smoked chitlin's before...:cool:

Staying away from the chitlins. :biggrin:
Ditto - talk about smelling nasty when they cook...phew

Bob - I'm sorry but no innards for me.
no livers
no gizzards
no organs (heart, lungs, etc)
no brains

Of course I am not naive enough to not realize that most commercial sausage, ground beef, etc. contains offal, so it must be texture thing.

Now if we can include spam, vienna sausages, and other chunks of mystery meat that consists mostly offal, then maybe i can get excited about that prospect.

Back