Pizza on the egg..

kylersk

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
First time I tried making pizza on the egg, the first pizza turned out great. Others after that the crust would burn before the cheese would melt.

I figure it was because I had the pizza stone directly on top of the plate setter. So, I decided to put down a couple insulation plates to raise the stone up off the setter about 1/4". I also read about wiping down the stone with a wet towel between pizza. Using both of these methodes produced a great looking crust and cheese. I however was not satisfied with the crust. My wife picked up some boxed Jiffy pizza dough and it turned out too hard. It didnt have a nice soft, fluffy (but yet crunchy) end crust.

Anyways, here's the pRon:

7c04abc6.jpg

589bf052.jpg

I was also going to replace the gasket before this cook, but didnt realize it needed 24 hours to set before using again, so I didnt. Well, after this cook, now I HAVE to replace it because the old one just fell off. :)

Hopefully I will be getting my first Egg at the end of this week. I am going to purchase a Large Egg. don't know what I am going to try first but I know for sure Pizza is going to be on the top of my list. Can't wait.

Trucky9754

cooking on
Fast Eddy FEC100
C/S sm009
Weber Gasser
2 X Ultra-accurate Thermopen RED of course.
Official MOINKER since 2010
KCBS Member
7 X 14 Competition Trailer

that is a nice first effort! Keep at it and definitely try making your own dough..I went through buying premade dough and while the pies were alright, they are nothing like when you make your own dough..it is soooo much better..good luck and have fun!

Back