• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A business venture question.

Paulmark

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
3kd3m03l55Y15O55U1a5277c1d596c7571aaf.jpg
3nf3k63m75V45T45P5a52963adc0bd15e1c82.jpg
3n93k33o45Z35W05X0a529f00fee63c191b26.jpg

What do you guys think about this trailer? Sixteen foot 2500. And if I wanted to cater with it, would I still need a concession trailer with triple sink, etc?

P.S. Yes, I'm going over the California retail food code now, thank you Wlfpkrcn and Parrothead.
114315.​
Mobile food facilities shall be operated within 200 feet travel distance
of approved and readily available toilet and handwashing facilities, or as
otherwise approved by the enforcement agency, to ensure restroom facilities are
available to facility employees whenever the mobile food facility is stopped to

conduct business for more than a one-hour period
I guess this covers it?

Last edited:
Do you wish to cater or vend?

2 totally different animals when it comes to the HD.

3kd3m03l55Y15O55U1a5277c1d596c7571aaf.jpg
3nf3k63m75V45T45P5a52963adc0bd15e1c82.jpg
3n93k33o45Z35W05X0a529f00fee63c191b26.jpg

What do you guys think about this trailer? Sixteen foot 2500. And if I wanted to cater with it, would I still need a concession trailer with triple sink, etc?

P.S. Yes, I'm going over the California retail food code now, thank you Wlfpkrcn and Parrothead.

Mobile food facilities shall be operated within 200 feet travel distance
of approved and readily available toilet and handwashing facilities, or as
otherwise approved by the enforcement agency, to ensure restroom facilities are
available to facility employees whenever the mobile food facility is stopped to
conduct business for more than a one-hour period
I guess this covers it?​

Catering usually does not fall under MFF section. Vending is the area where the HD codes really stack up. CRFC is more about the vending/restaurant/catering truck side. More important for a true catering operation in CA is a commissary or licensed kitchen for prep, storage and clean up.

Do you wish to cater or vend?

2 totally different animals when it comes to the HD.

I'd like to do both.
Thank you.
In his post he said he wants to cater, they sure make a guy jump through allot of hoops to sell food

I want to know what I need to know about both options.

Catering usually does not fall under MFF section. Vending is the area where the HD codes really stack up. CRFC is more about the vending/restaurant/catering truck side. More important for a true catering operation in CA is a commissary or licensed kitchen for prep, storage and clean up.

[/LEFT]

Thank you.

Paul: Trailer looks worn, but if the foundation is in tact, it is a descent price that you should easily be able to re-coup your cost. Plenty of room to "make it happen."

A grill is a necessary tool for catering where the customer sets the menu versus vending where you set the menu. Meaning you gonna always have folks wanting chicken (grill) and and some type of roast or ribs (smoker).

Am I farking making sense?

Paul: Trailer looks worn, but if the foundation is in tact, it is a descent price that you should easily be able to re-coup your cost. Plenty of room to "make it happen."

A grill is a necessary tool for catering where the customer sets the menu versus vending where you set the menu. Meaning you gonna always have folks wanting chicken (grill) and and some type of roast or ribs (smoker).

Am I farking making sense?

Yes total sense, thank you for the reply.:-D

Paul, I would recommend you also check with the counties you intend to work in. Each county has discretion in how they will interpret and enforce the codes. At a minimum, you will probably need some form of hand-washing facility. There is often a requirement for cold storage as well. Good luck, that looks like an excellent trailer for a starting point.

Go to your county HD and sit down with them and tell them what you want to do and they will give you the options. I am in CA and my county HD is strict but helpful. Once you know what they require then you can decide if you want to vend or cater or be a private chef. Each has it's good and bad points. Private chef is cheapest and easiest way to go followed by catering and lastly vending. Don't be afraid to ask HD, better to know in advance than be shut down and fined later.

Back