Food Safety Class?

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am getting ready to get my food safety class done and I know it has to be either Serve-Safe or National Registry of Food Safety Professionals for Pa.

Can anyone shed some information on the two, not that I want to get out easy but if one is better than the other may be nice to know.

Looks like I will be doing as much online as I can and going to a test center to take the test. The closes test center for NRFSP is about an hour and Serve-Safe about twice that from what I can tell.

I can only spoke to what I did in MN this past year. I took the online classes. It was pretty straight forward and common sense. The part I had issues was the food born disease and what the various types were.

You tested on each chapter and as long as you got a 90% on each chapter review test they would let you take the final test over for free. I was concerned on the disease stuff for the final test but they only had 4 out of the 90 question disease stuff.

All and all way more than information online class than the classroom course but i learned alot. I also got a 96% on the final test.

Good luck and don't over think.

Mark

Why are you taking these classes? Are they required in your state?
I would go Serve Safe.

Back