MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Cattle Call !!!

Notices

Cattle Call !!! Introducing... The Brethren.. Put your Bios here, a mug shot, a picture of your toys..Tell us who u are. Threads will lock down after 7-10 days to avoid post pumps on old introductions. Please avoid responding after thread is over a week old. DO NOT PITCH ANY PRODUCTS IN THIS FORUM, OR TRY TO VEIL A PITCH AS AN INTRODUCTION. IF YOUR SELLING IT, DON'T MENTION IT.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 05:46 PM   #1
vash
Found some matches.

Default Long long long time lurker first time poster

Lo all,

I've been readin this fourm for like a year now and never posted. Why? dunno ya'll are too good not to get in the middle of :> Name's Joe, got a NB Silver and been smoking on it for a year (ever since reading this forum) and the reason I've decided to post was that I just found out how much of a farking idiot I've been. I've been smoking stuff on this beast for a while and been trying lots of things, pulled off some ok Q but nothing to write home about (family thinks I'm crazy, they say its the best they've ever had, but bad Q is still better then most) I had a major problem.. heat, I had to babysit this thing from sun up to sun down, never 5 minuets away from it because I the thing would drop temp at a drop at a hat, or the flame would die. Didn't know what the heck was going on.. Today I've got a butt and a picnic going and the temp would drop like a stone and the flame would die like every 5 minuets... I'm reading trying to figure out whats going on and then I look in the firebox.. I had my fire grates like 4 inches above the damper hole... not enough air. flipped those buggers around and now I keep a constant 230 for about a hour... man this is like heaven.

anyway just wanted to say HI

Joe

Old 01-30-2005, 06:14 PM   #2
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Welcome Joe

Check out the entire thread called ROADMAP at the topd of the forum room called Q Talk.

Great stuff in there on not only fire control, but also on selected meat cuts.

And don't let this be your last post!!!!

Jump in, and grab a cold one!!

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Old 01-30-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Joe, Welcome Brother!! Now you've posted once, no need to stop!! Great to hear from ya!!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:40 PM   #4
Solidkick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcquer
Joe, Welcome Brother!! Now you've posted once, no need to stop!! Great to hear from ya!!
Hell yea! We want to hear from ya!!

Welcome My New Brother!!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:55 PM   #5
vash
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidkick
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcquer
Hell yea! We want to hear from ya!!

Welcome My New Brother!!
Oh, I'm not stoppin', just tippin back a few and Q'in... Wow.. typin on a PDA is hard.

Joe
Old 01-30-2005, 07:50 PM   #6
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

hey joe.. I started on a hondo.. bigger version of the Silver. Check out the files section for the horizontal mods, they really help. On the silver, the most important is the firegrate and the chimney extension. Did u do those?

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 01-30-2005, 08:07 PM   #7
Samichlaus
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : samichlaus

Nice to meet ya.

I don't have a smoker, but I drink beer with Tommy Kendall, so I'm cool.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:25 PM   #8
chad

Welcome!

Thanks for finally coming in from the "cold". It is amazing when the "light comes on" or the clue-bird finally lands!! :D

If you've been lurking this long you know that you have now come over to the dark side!

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:01 PM   #9
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Welcome, Joe! Lots of great people and info here!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Old 01-30-2005, 10:42 PM   #10
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L
Welcome, Joe! Lots of great people and info here!
yeah................<------ what he said.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 01-30-2005, 11:22 PM   #11
vash
Found some matches.

its awsome to feel welcomed. I've got the chimney mod and the baffle mod goin on, need to look into the fire grate mod.. got the meat off the Q and in the cooler, one more hour and its mine all mine!!... ok and the wifes. Tryin a homade sauce, just threw some stuff together (didnt have the stuff in stock for Dreamland) gonna give her a shot.

Thanks again for the welcome

Joe
Old 01-31-2005, 12:36 AM   #12
Bigmista

Welcome Joe!

So where are you located! Bound to have some brethren nearby that can help you out. All ya gotta do is speak up!

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Old 01-31-2005, 03:37 AM   #13
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Welcome Joe, enjoy what you learn and share what you know.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:29 AM   #14
jeffsasmokin
Full Fledged Farker

Welcome, Joe! Just jump in and Hang on! No need to Lurk.

Modified Bandera
Charmglow All Stainless Gas
CB 26 1/2" Kettle
ECB
Fabricated All-Wood Burn Barrel
BC Select Outdoor Fryer
Old 01-31-2005, 07:45 AM   #15
jt
Babbling Farker

welcome to the fray!

Spicewine, 2 Dutch Ovens, Weber OTP, 18 " Weber Kettle, White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer, Whirly Pop, Cast Iron Hot Dog cooker, and a 15 year old. Moink.

RIP - my NB Bandera

"Sweet Blue to all" - E

Closed Thread