Easter ham

FiremanVinny

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I told the fam I would cook this Easter. I was thinkin of smoking a ham. It's a store bought from Costco. Anyone ever do this? Any good recipes? I have a weber22.5 and a UDS..

A double smoked ham. Yea I have done it. I did it in my uds. Cooked to 150 and the last hour I glazed with real maple syrup. Turned out great.

Thanks for starting this thread, I have been wondering the same thing. Since a store ham is already cooked, does it pick up much more flavor in the smoker?

We usually do both a turkey and a ham for Easter. This year I am doing the turkey on my UDS. Any suggestions on doing both the turkey and a ham on the UDS at the same time? Is there a temp that would work for both? 250-275? Should I throw the 12 lbs bird on first and then the ham half way through cooking? I'm new to smoking so any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

This is what I am going to do this year. But I will probably use Chris Lilly's Spicy Apricot Glaze.

I have used Chris's Apricot Glaze a couple of times and have had nothing but praise from the family and friends....... :thumb:

I have used Chris's Apricot Glaze a couple of times and have had nothing but praise from the family and friends....... :thumb:

This is what I did this past weekend. It turned out great! Used cherry wood and followed the basic instructions from amazingribs.com

easter ham

halve smoked ham and turkry for holladays several times and halve thrown my turkeyfryer away cook both ham and turkey at 325 go to amazing ribs .com grate info on how to smoke ham and turkey and recipy for apricot glaze family loves it planing to smoke 19lb fresh ham and 20lb turkey for easter :thumb:

Maple-Bourbon Ham*
by John Hall (egret)

Ingredients :
Maple-Bourbon Paste (recipe follows)
10-12 # cooked, ready to eat Ham (bone-in Butt or Shank section)
1/2-1 cup Maple Syrup
Cherry and Apple Chunks

Preparation :
The day before smoking, place ham in a pan flat side down. Inject in multiple
locations with maple syrup (use more than 1 cup if it will take it).
Smear the Maple-Bourbon Paste all over the exposed surfaces (except flat side).
Cover loosely with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator until ready to smoke (You
can remove ham from refrigerator up to one hour before cooking).
Stabilize egg at 250° F. with plate setter (legs up) regular grid with raised
grid attached. Put 3 or 4 good size chunks of wood on coals, then place ham on
raised grid. Cook until internal temperature reaches 140° F. (this should take about
5 hours).

Maple-Bourbon Paste
2 Tbls. pure Maple Syrup
2 Tbls. freshly ground Black Pepper
2 Tbls. Dijon or Honey-Dijon Mustard
1 Tbls. Bourbon
1 Tbls. Vegetable Oil
1 Tbls. Paprika
1 Tbls. Onion Powder
2 tsp. coarse Salt, either kosher or sea salt

Ready to go on smoker

finished

Last edited:
That ham looks great..ran into a big problem..my maverick 732 is malfunctioning. I have no idea what my temp is..

Back