• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pizza, day late Awesomeness-pr0n

wow...that pizza looks scrumptious. Thanks for posting the recipe. Been in the mood for some pizza and I think I'll try that recipe

OK I ate lunch here today :) had 1/2 carne and 1/2 funghi.

http://800degrees.net/800pizza/

Got four kilo bags of 00 flour from them :). Do you think the dough recipe you posted will work if it were halved to just make one pizza at a time ?? I also got some fortina cheese, some ****take, and oyster mushrooms.

Had a go at it with 1/2 batch of dough, cheese is fortina, shrooms are sh-i-itake and oyster roasted in the oven the night before with some EVOO, thyme, and ground black pepper. Lesson learned next time lightly oil the bowl I let the dough rest in.
tNQ2OLr.jpg

Baked at a mere 550 (as hot as my oven goes) for 6 minutes, looked, 1 minute more, looked 1 minute more. Would take a shot at 7 minutes next time. It looks like a state or nation somewhere, not sure which one :).

I always dread the "first time" but this one was not so bad :)

KQMVXbq.jpg

Bill

OK I ate lunch here today :) had 1/2 carne and 1/2 funghi.

http://800degrees.net/800pizza/

Got four kilo bags of 00 flour from them :). Do you think the dough recipe you posted will work if it were halved to just make one pizza at a time ?? I also got some fortina cheese, some ****take, and oyster mushrooms.

Sorry I didn't get back to you in time Bill, but I was banned :laugh: :Cry: :laugh:

Make the full batch, oil some plastic wrap and put the extra into it and bag it and freeze it!

Your pizza base from the tiny bit I could see looked like it was getting like bread inside, a good thing.
This base will withstand long cooking, some recipes like the white pizza cook as long as 30 minutes at 500f.
Try longer if it isn't where you want it to be!

Thanks for the feedback.
So often recipes given just disappear and you never hear a darned thing again.
(looks around for Guerry...) :laugh:

Back