MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #31
LightmanE300
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Hey guys I just got my cyberq wifi and have been trying to get it all set up. I have it set up on infrastructure mode and can access it from web browswers/computers/the cyberq wifi app from within my network/home. I have a belkin n class router. "port forwarding' is not an option, but rather 'virtual server' which they claim does the same thing. I set up the virtual server with the local IP address of the cyberq and pointed it to port 80 and enabled. The only possible problem I see, is the only drop down choices for format are TCP and UDP. I notice in most of the guides it's suggested that the choice should be HTTP. I'm not sure if this is the problem (?) but I can't get it to pull up whatsoever from outside my network by typing in my computer's public IP address (starts with 173.xxx, not my local 192.168.xxx.xxx). Any thoughts much appreciated!
LightmanE300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #32
TheKomoman
Got Wood.

HTTP is a TCP service, set it to that. Virtual server is just another way of saying port forwarding, some mfg's think it sounds more descriptive that way. If you're still running into the problem, instead of manually setting up port 80 see if there's a "Web Server" or "HTTP Server" pre-defined setup in the virtual server settings of your router. Also if you're using a dynamic IP locally on the CyberQ go into the router's settings and set that IP to be reserved for that device so it will always get the same IP and you won't have to change the virtual server destination the next time you use the CyberQ.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #33
LightmanE300

Thanks TheKomoman for the clarification. I had it set to tcp and udp just to cover both bases, and still no go. I also definitely have the cyberq's ip within my private network set to never expire/change. Unfortunately, virtual server is the only thing that looks or says anything close to what we're looking for. I am stumped.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #34
TheKomoman
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightmanE300 View Post
Thanks TheKomoman for the clarification. I had it set to tcp and udp just to cover both bases, and still no go. I also definitely have the cyberq's ip within my private network set to never expire/change. Unfortunately, virtual server is the only thing that looks or says anything close to what we're looking for. I am stumped.
Gimme your specific router model, including hardware version, please.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #35
LightmanE300

Belkin N750DB, Hardware/model # F9K1103 v1 (01C). Running the latest firmware. I have it set for inbound port 80 and private port 80. Thanks for any help. The cable modem itself has some built in routing abilities, not sure if that would be interfering?

Old 03-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #36
TheKomoman
Got Wood.

Quote:
Belkin N750DB, Hardware/model # F9K1103 v1 (01C). Running the latest firmware. I have it set for inbound port 80 and private port 80. Thanks for any help. The cable modem itself has some built in routing abilities, not sure if that would be interfering?
Oh wow, absolutely it would. If your cable modem does more than just pass you the external IP then it's a router not just a modem! You'll have to setup a port forward/virtual server on that as well, but forwarding to your Belkin router. Then your Belkin router will forward it on from there.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #37
LightmanE300

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKomoman View Post
Oh wow, absolutely it would. If your cable modem does more than just pass you the external IP then it's a router not just a modem! You'll have to setup a port forward/virtual server on that as well, but forwarding to your Belkin router. Then your Belkin router will forward it on from there.
I'm glad I mentioned that detail..probably should have earlier but I'm no expert at networks. When you say setting up a port forward on the cable modem/router to the belkin router, could you elaborate a bit? What port would I list, and which IP address, the internal address of the belkin router that I would use to log on to it and manipulate settings? Thanks

Old 03-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #38
TheKomoman
Got Wood.

Quote:
I'm glad I mentioned that detail..probably should have earlier but I'm no expert at networks. When you say setting up a port forward on the cable modem/router to the belkin router, could you elaborate a bit? What port would I list, and which IP address, the internal address of the belkin router that I would use to log on to it and manipulate settings? Thanks
You'll need to get into the control panel of the cable modem and forward port 80 to the internal IP of your Belkin router(typically 192.168.x.1). The internal IP of the cable modem would be what the Belkin router shows as its WAN/Internet IP address. This is again under the assumption that the cable modem is also acting as a router. You haven't given me anything definitive to indicate that one way or another.

Why don't you drop me a PM so we don't spam this thread any more than we already have.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #39
LightmanE300

I thought about PM'ing but thought others may be going through the same issues or certainly will.

Thank you so much - you are the man!! As you mentioned, all I had to do was log into the cable modem/router and point the virtual server toward my belkin router's address...was very easy and just checked from an outside ISP and I am up and running!! Thank you so much again for your time and sticking with this for me. I'm so excited to have everything fully working with the cyber-q!

Old 03-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #40
LightmanE300

I just downloaded an app on my android called The Pit Pal and it has functionality to link up to a cyberq or stoker.. it took seconds to set up and it's now logging and monitoring the cyberq on my phone! Thanks again TheKomoman!

Old 03-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #41
TheKomoman
Got Wood.

Quote:
I thought about PM'ing but thought others may be going through the same issues or certainly will.

Thank you so much - you are the man!! As you mentioned, all I had to do was log into the cable modem/router and point the virtual server toward my belkin router's address...was very easy and just checked from an outside ISP and I am up and running!! Thank you so much again for your time and sticking with this for me. I'm so excited to have everything fully working with the cyber-q!
Quote:
I just downloaded an app on my android called The Pit Pal and it has functionality to link up to a cyberq or stoker.. it took seconds to set up and it's now logging and monitoring the cyberq on my phone! Thanks again TheKomoman!
Glad to hear it! The CyberQ is awesome but has a pretty intimidating learning curve. Once you get the various configuration things done it's great. I also use Pit Pal, that's actually how I found this place. Great combo.

Now go cook something!!

Old 03-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #42
LightmanE300

First trial run cook is happening as we type! Internal meat temps on my chicken drumsticks/thighs currently 176F with target 180 unless someone tells me differently quickly...tummy growling.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #43
TheKomoman
Got Wood.

Quote:
First trial run cook is happening as we type! Internal meat temps on my chicken drumsticks/thighs currently 176F with target 180 unless someone tells me differently quickly...tummy growling.
180's a good target.. give them a little rest time though after you take them off! Letting meat rest is so very important.. and so very hard to do when you're hungry.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #44
LightmanE300

They had about an hour of rest time under foil unfortunately because I was late for a haircut. That said, they were still very warm and surprisingly tasty for a first run! I went to pull the drumstick bone and twist to try to separate the drumstick and the thigh..oh no, the bone pulled out instantly and all the meat flopped right off..so tender and juicy!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #45
supercazzola
Found some matches.

Anyone else have an issue with connecting cyberq on WLAN with WPA2 ? A previous poster mentioned it, and I'm curious before I buy it if it was end user error, or if it's a known problem?
I'll gladly change my wireless to g and b mixed mode, but I'm not comfortable in changing from WPA2 to WPA.